• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond Team

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    This is the team/movesets I want to have when I face the E4 in Diamond. I am open to all suggestions, but I'd like to keep the HMs on my main team. I don't want to use HM slaves. I also want to keep the evolved Starters.

Infernape
    -Flare Blitz
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Smash HM06
    -Mach Punch

Empoleon
    -Surf HM03
    -Waterfall HM07
    -Drill Peck
    -Ice Beam

Torterra
    -Cut HM01
    -Synthesis
    -Earthquake
    -Grass Knot

Staraptor
    -Aerial Ace
    -Roost
    -Fly HM02
    -Defog HM05

Luxray
    -Thunder Fang
    -Crunch
    -Thunder Wave
    -Strength HM04

Garchomp
    -Rock Climb HM08
    -Slash
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
    Years
    What are their levels?

Anyway, Infernape will be able to deal with aaron with ease. Torterra can defeat most of Bertha's with grass knot. Sudowuddo just keep usong grass knot and hope for luck. (DO NOT USE EMPOLEON HERE IT WILL BE THRASHED BY EARTHQUAKE AND DIE! Trust me I had experience. I only used Empoleon on Bertha when he was well into his 70's.)
    Use Garchomp on Flint, because he will be faster than most of flint's fire types. On drifblim get luxray to use cruch. Steelix is dealt with by using infernape's flare blitz and loppuny use repeated mach punch. For lucian use repeated cruch and dark (It works with a weavile knowing swords dance, ice shard, night slash and focus punch. Night slash all pokemon except bronzong. Then while he's calm minding FOCUS PUNCH AWAY!

Just keep hitting with your hardest and most effective pokemon for the champ! And spill out on revives and hyper potions for it. If you want a half decent chance, get your pokemon to AT LEAST level 50-55. For an easier run use lvl 60+.

Thanks for reading!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Changes and Suggestions in bold.
    This is the team/movesets I want to have when I face the E4 in Diamond. I am open to all suggestions, but I'd like to keep the HMs on my main team. I don't want to use HM slaves. I also want to keep the evolved Starters.

Infernape
    -Flare Blitz
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Smash HM06
    -Mach Punch
    I don't find Infernape that bad. Although removing the HM's of each of your team would be better, but as you asked to have them it's a good pokemon with it.
    Empoleon
    -Surf HM03
    -Waterfall HM07
    -Drill Peck > Flash Cannon
    -Ice Beam
    I suggest removing Drill Peck for a steel type move like Flash Cannon since it would have a counter against flying types.
    Torterra
    -Cut HM01
    -Synthesis
    -Earthquake
    -Grass Knot > Leaf Storm

Staraptor
    -Aerial Ace > Brave Bird or Close Combat
    -Roost
    -Fly HM02
    -Defog HM05
    I really don't have much options for your Staraptor since the HM's make it hard. But if I had to change something I'd swithc Aerial Ace with Brave Bird or Close Combat.
    Luxray
    -Thunder Fang
    -Crunch
    -Thunder Wave
    -Strength HM04

Garchomp
    -Rock Climb HM08
    -Slash > Dragon Pulse
    -Dragon Claw > Dragon Rush
    -Earthquake

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    My responses to your comments are underlined.

Changes and Suggestions in bold.
    Infernape
    -Flare Blitz
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Smash HM06
    -Mach Punch
    I don't find Infernape that bad. Although removing the HM's of each of your team would be better, but as you asked to have them it's a good pokemon with it.

Due to the nature my Infernape has, my SpAtk is almost identical to my Atk stat. It's probably only about 3-8 points off. I'm considering replacing Flare Blitz with Flamethrower, as I hate recoil damage. If I do that, I'll probably replace Swords Dance as well. Suggestions for a replacement for Swords Dance?

Empoleon
    -Surf HM03
    -Waterfall HM07
    -Drill Peck > Flash Cannon
    -Ice Beam
    I suggest removing Drill Peck for a steel type move like Flash Cannon since it would have a counter against flying types.

I'll consider Flash Cannon. I already have a Flying-Type pokemon so...It also works better off Empoleon's SpAtk stat. And it's STAB, too...

Torterra
    -Cut HM01
    -Synthesis
    -Earthquake
    -Grass Knot > Leaf Storm

Alright, I can do Leaf Storm

Staraptor
    -Aerial Ace > Brave Bird or Close Combat
    -Roost
    -Fly HM02
    -Defog HM05
    I really don't have much options for your Staraptor since the HM's make it hard. But if I had to change something I'd swithc Aerial Ace with Brave Bird or Close Combat.

I'll probably do Close Combat, as Fly works for my STAB move. And Fly is actually a pretty decent in-game move. The AI isn't all that great.

Garchomp
    -Rock Climb HM08
    -Slash > Dragon Pulse
    -Dragon Claw > Dragon Rush
    -Earthquake

I don't really care for your move suggestions on Garchomp. Dragon Claw is far more accurate than Dragon Rush, and Garchomp's Atk is much higher than its SpAtk, so Dragon Pulse is not as good as you might think it is.

Back