• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did any episodes seem good at the start then end up terrible?

pleb

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    The Question is in the title.

I've seen many that were OK at the start but ended awfully.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Eh. I would say yes. In the beginning you had Kanto which was the best of all then the Orange Islands which was good but Tracy kinda ruined it and then Johto which was really good as well. Imo the Hoenn wasn't that good because Misty wasn't part of it and she was suppose to be a main character in the series. I mean if your gonna get rid of Misty might of well replace Ash and Brock too. Then came Gen IV can't remember the region name which was just terrible and ever since then it's just gotten worse. They need to just take Pokemon off the air and replace it with Episode #1 and continue from there until the Johto series is over.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
    Years
  • EVERY.... SINGLE.... EPISODE.... Where team Rocket randomly appears! (might not even be episodes that were good, but a lot of the episodes that I got interested in just got ruined by an annoying overused plot device)

Not when you expect it and you kind of see that they are going to have a big influence to the plot, but when they just randomly show up for the sole sake of causing the cause the conflict, even when one is not always necessary . One of the reasons I couldn't even watch the first season and didn't even get to the orange islands was because of Rocket. Same intro, same Pokemon, same plot (Ash stops their plans and everything is OK now) I use to like the duo because it actually did add some humor, but it just got old so quickly. I don't really know much about the ones in the middle, but I'm actually enjoying the newest season mainly due to how the Rocket gang are actually scheming their plots and it feels a lot more balanced in that aspect.

Know some people are going to disagree with me, but it was kind of how I felt about the anime for a while

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I only loved the first anime.Watch ash releasing pikachu then charizard then butterfree then splitting up with misty , and brock.Try not to cry.
    How did an anime do that?One that was marketed to children!Why didn't they bring back misty , and brock?!?Brock is going to spend the rest of his life in the gym , and taking care of his family now.Misty still has regrets about leaving ash.WHY MAKE US FEEL THEY HAVE TO GO BACK TO THEIR LIVES MISERABLY!?!?Brock just got a few time living like the trainer he wanted to be , and Misty just got her bike back.

Ash became stupid.He didn't even get serious any more.He kept talking about how his hat was important , but just like that.He throws it as he travels.Team rocket no longer wants pikachu.Making the point of them encountering ash pointless coincidence.You aren't connected with ashes companions anymore.Not even him.Its like they all died , and these guys are their opposites.I like to think the series ended there , and Misty came back with ash , and so did brock.Butterfree came back with a family , and charizard came back from his training with the other charizards.Mewtwo , and mew fly over the world happily protecting pokemon.The forest pikachus come to join ash , and they all go on adventures IN KANTO.

Back