• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did anyone tried playing Pokemon X/Y using gift Pokemon only?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Gift Pokémon, as in, those you've received via events, or ones that were given to you buy a friend or acquaintance? Either way, I haven't tried this personally, but it's certainly possible. :) It's not that tough to train yourself thanks to the new Experience Share, and after you've managed to wreck yourself up to a decent level, you should be able to get past anybody without any sort of trouble at all. This is only in-game, of course; if you're battling online competitively, then that's a total different story. You could use any Pokémon throughout the story, really; just make sure to keep them balanced in terms of training and whatnot.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Never crossed my mind to do this since i like to raise my own pokemans lol. But it sounds like a good challenge though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    Gift Pokémon, as in, those you've received via events, or ones that were given to you buy a friend or acquaintance? Either way, I haven't tried this personally, but it's certainly possible. :) It's not that tough to train yourself thanks to the new Experience Share, and after you've managed to wreck yourself up to a decent level, you should be able to get past anybody without any sort of trouble at all. This is only in-game, of course; if you're battling online competitively, then that's a total different story. You could use any Pokémon throughout the story, really; just make sure to keep them balanced in terms of training and whatnot.

Ones given to you by story events such as Amaura, Lucario, Lapras, starter Pokemon.....etc.
    I remember there was quite a few that you can have almost a team or a team.

Years
  • I noticed that there were a lot too, but I usually don't use gift Pokemon in the first place, so that kind of answers the question already. d: But if you look at it from a skill standpoint, all of the Pokemon given to you are extremely capable in battle, so a team made up of all the gifts wouldn't be too shabby. I might have to try that at some point, like a challenge of sorts.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I used Froakie, Bulbasaur, and some HM slaves for the majority of the game.

Do gift Pokémon even cover the HMs required to finish the game?

I don't think HM slaves matters if it's purely for HM purpose.
    For gift Pokemon wise, depending on your choice of the 2 starters, fly/cut might be a problem.

Back