• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Did everything relating to battling get removed from PC?

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Hey! I can no longer connect to the Battle Server, which I periodically use to fiddle around in the team builder for in-game purposes. I decided to pop back in here and couldn't find the battling forum that houses the server support thread. I Googled that thread and it said my account didn't have permissions to view it, so I assume it got archived or something without a replacement. When I search my own profile for my threads/posts, I can't see anything from the most recent and seemingly defunct battling sub-forum. All signs seem to point to PC just removing that portion of its community. If there has been an announcement to that effect, I couldn't find it. What's going on?

The Battle Server and its broader community have been dead for a very long time and it had its problems when it existed, so I get it, but I would appreciate a clarification of some kind. (Again, sorry if I missed any announcement.)

Also, would it be possible to make the old forum viewable, at least? The oldest battling forum, Strategies & Movesets (forum id 12), is still viewable as an archive, and every year or two I like to reminisce & peruse it. Is there any reason the most recent one seems to have been quarantined?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hi :)

Everything related to competitive battling has been removed from PC -- it's simply not been of interest to members anymore and all of us involved with running it have had our motivation running dry for a long time. The removal of the server and forum was announced here.

The most recent page of posts from the Competitive Battling forum have been moved to PGC under the Competitiveprefix. The rest are still archived along with the original forum, which was set to private by mistake - you can find it here.

Back