• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you get HG/SS on the day it came out?

Lil Pika

Charmander Fan
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    No I didnt get the game as soon as it came out, i got BFBC2, but I'm geting soul silver this weekend

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I got it today. Well, it arrived today. =P It came a day early though. =D It comes out in here tomorrow (UK), but since I a pre-ordered mine a long time ago back in Feb it came today. =3

Wild Electrode

Imma use Esplosion!
    Years
  • Of course I grabbed my HeartGold the day it came out. The Gamestop I pre-ordered it at was running out of Ho-Oh figures, and I would not be denied my small resin Ho-Oh figure.

Years
  • I got the game one day before it came out... - Today ^^

Yes you did didn't you... D:<
    I'm getting mine the day it comes out in the UK over here, march 26, tomorrow! Time seems to be going half as fast! XD

Day after posting :
    DX
    My dad put the receipt in the bin so i couldn't get it! I hate things soemtimes.

Last edited:

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    I got Pokemon HeartGold on my birthday on Wednesday, 31st of March. But since I got both versions and paid for them on the release date and Pokemon HeartGold was for my friend, I technically got both versions on the release date. XD

Years
  • No I picked it up 2 days ago, I haven't got far as I'm trying to catch a surfing pikachu..... Spent about 4 hours on it today so far, all but one (which was a !!) have been ! .... So frustrating!

Corvino

Vive le roy
    Years
  • I walked all the way into town on the day of release, only to get there 10 minutes after the shops closed. Needless to say, I was slightly put out. Settled for getting it the next day. Didn't make much of a difference really, but it was a slight annoyance.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I already had a Japanese HeartGold which I got for Christmas, but I was the first person at my local Walmart to get a copy of SoulSilver. The employee had to go to the back and get the box of games, which was kind of surprising considering it was noon. I guess there's just not a lot of Pokémon interest in my area.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I ordered mine the day before it came out. My site, being so awesome like always, got it to me on launch day, literally seconds after i got back from school. My postman was just leaving next door when i arrived...

Back