• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use a Grass Type on your team?

Did you use a Grass Type?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 72.1%
  • No!

Votes: 43 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2013
    I always use a grass type. I've used Torterra, Roserade, and Wormadam in teams. My brother went through his Pearl the first time with Venusaur as his.

Years
    Yup, I sure did. I played through with Torterra, the first time, Roserade on my second playthrough, which I never finished, and Cherrim on my (successful) Nuzlocke Run.

Years
    Grass FTL

No offense to anyone who likes grass, but I hate them. They are in my opinion the worst type, except maybe normal. Toterra is an exception, he is pretty great, but I didn't even use him as Empoleon is easily one of the best starters ever.

Last edited:

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    One of the first Pokemon I EV trained when I was still learning was a Leafeon. Other than that, I've used Torterra in a partial play-through of Platinum, but that's pretty much it. Guess I just never really thought about it.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
    First play-through I had a Roserade, second time I think I tried without one, next I used Torterra (YES), now I'm using Turtwig again (all starters).

Years
    I used the Bellsprout evolution line for my solo challenge on Pearl, so technically I have used a grass type on my team. But aside from the challenge, no, I do not have a grass type on my team.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    omg I voted no but I used Roserade :[

Well I used Roserade in Platinum for a while and it worked pretty well. The problem with Grass-types is that they're very weak against many other types such as Fire, Ice, Bug (which is usually nullified with grass/poison hybrids or grass/flying hybrids) and Flying. The main reason anyone would have a grass type Pokemon in their team would be to combat Water/Ground types, but they don't appear too often, so I don't really use grass-types.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    I used Roserade, for its reletively high Special Attack and Speed stats, as well as just for personal preference over the other Grass types in Sinnoh. I'd go with Torterra for second place.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Torterra is really awesome, in my opinion. It was really helpful on my team, covering a few weaknesses.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    Torterra is probably one of the best Grass-types out there, so naturally I used it on my team. Roserade is pretty decent too, if you can cover for its lackluster defense.

Shadowcat15

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    up untill a while ago i didnt but i raised a budew it evolved then i evolved roslia and i was satisfied :) roserade is a great pokemon rivaling that of my Venusaur i really like its move availability and SP stat but i prefer weavile (ice)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back