• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Differences between the versions?

sblunix

ポケモン トレーナー
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    I don't know, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ^_^

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    If it is true then I doubt they'll go as far as to change the story line (as nice as it would be). My bet (if true) is it will something simple as gym's having different pokemon/ levels, maybe a couple unique key items (at a push), or just layout outs of inside buildings (e.g. gyms) being a bit different.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    This would be the only major rumor surrounding B/W that I don't want to see fulfilled. The duel-release tradition of the Pokemon games are only well-received because the story isn't significantly different between the two versions. Traditionally, you can choose one over the other without losing out on any major gameplay or story changes. If the differences become major, you'd be forced to buy both games and they effectively become even more of a blatant money-making scheme for Nintendo and GameFreak. >_>

austin00081

young money
    Years
    This would be the only major rumor surrounding B/W that I don't want to see fulfilled. The duel-release tradition of the Pokemon games are only well-received because the story isn't significantly different between the two versions. Traditionally, you can choose one over the other without losing out on any major gameplay or story changes. If the differences become major, you'd be forced to buy both games and they effectively become even more of a blatant money-making scheme for Nintendo and GameFreak. >_>

change is good, and i dont think the differences are going to be that big.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

moar moneyz for Game Freak and you don't want them to do it? CRAZINESS

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    i think the diffrences will be how the story begins but the climax will be the same (but will of course, involve either reshiram or that other one)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hopefully we have more differences in b&w than we've had in older games. I already predicit:
    - slightly diff. storyline depending on which game you have
    - a few pkmn available in one and not the other

I yearn for more differences..just not huge ones that would mean I need to buy both (which I plan on anyways...soooo :P)

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    i was pretty curious when i read that....IMO..the difference won't be that big...the only thing that i can think is some minor map differences or maybe different evil teams or same team with different goals....yeah that's it

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I remember reading that! The daisuki club that confirmed it!!
    I think it might just have somthing to do with the ledgends... If you look closely at the two new ledgends, they not really look very similer at all. Look at Groudon and kyogre plus the sinnoh ledgends... they look look at least bit bit similer... like the markings all over them! Reshiram and Zekrom might have there own different storylines or somthing...

Back