• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon: Darkness Rising

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    I would assume we all know a little something (maybe only what we ourselves know, which would be a mixed bag at best) about Digimon in general, but lack the right "software" (or is it "hardware"? I don't know which one applies...) to reach higher levels.

Huzzah! Activity!

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    I am an avid Digimon fan, so I know... uh, a bit about how it works, I guess; it's just that the mechanics haven't been elaborated upon. Typically one needs to achieve a state of emotional overcharge to initially achieve evolution, and a stronger state of emotional overcharge/need to advance stages exponentially... usually experienced in life-threatening situations or some such thing. And then afterwards one can call upon evolution at will.

But it's all up to the GM(s) which stage we're at; whether we've evolved at all before our Digimon or we're complete noobs.

Completely unrelated: We need an OOC thread for OOC stuff. This is clogging the main thread.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    Cirrus I personally will be RPing under the impression of the former. I also will put an OOC thread up now. And to start up the RP...

Mercenaries:

Go to the Royal Knights, receive your mission, and head out as quickly as possible.

Digidestined:

Your day has gone by and the whole time you've felt... off. It has been a rough day. You feel drawn somewhere... Highton View Terrace to be exact. As you gather you meet others who seem just as focused as you. Then you are engulfed by a flash of light. Where are you now?

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    1) You'll be getting them after your first post. 2) 1 partner as of this moment. 3) You'll have to VM the GM about that one.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    ((Let's kick this pig!))

Ami has been feeling odd all day. Sullenly sweeping the shrine, her sour mood and rude remarks have been scaring off visitors. Her mother sends her on a walk to clear her head. Ami feels focused and driven, her feelings becoming stronger as she approaches Highton View Terrace. She runs the last few blocks, stopping in the middle of the terrace and yelling at the sky. "ALRIGHT! I'M HERE! WHAT DO YOU WANT?" She barely sees the others as she stands there, when a bright light engulfs her. "What the h-"

She wakes up on her back, lying by a small body of water. "-ell is that light? Where did the city go? WHY AM I LYING IN A POND?"

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    Yuzuna (Digimon Tamer)
    Yuzuna wearily walked out of high school. She felt bored, but then again, she always did. Or maybe it was beause she had a math test today, and she felt she was going to get bad results. Either way, she felt drawn to Highton View Terrace, so she loped there. As she got closer, she started to feel better, so she briskly walked the rest of the way. When she got there, she saw other children.
    Suddenly, she was engulfed in a bright blue light! She closed her eyes to avoid getting them damaged. When she opened them again, she was not near Highton View Palace anymore. Instead, she was in a cave near a lake. Luckily, she had landed on her hands and feet.
    "WHERE AM I?" Yuzuna shouted at the top of her voice.
    Eaglemon(Mercanary)
    Eaglemon, a mercenary Digimon, remembered something. He had to go to the Royal Knights to get a mission. So, Eaglemon flew out of his nest, and went to the tree.
    "Eaglemon here. Royal Knights, what is my mission?" he asked when he got there.

OOC: I'll let Fuyu or Legendarian Mistress decide on the mission.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    The day started pleasantly, the morning air feeling crisp and fresh on Kogane's skin. It began as a fairly ordinary day, not really radically different from another weekday; he cast his gaze over the concrete ground, and smiled a little, as he usually did in the morning as personal encouragement.

His expectations were entirely shattered in the next few hours, however.

Through the morning classes he began to feel more and more discomfited. It wasn't really a physical sensation; it was much more a mental affliction, and his head hummed with a strangeness throughout the day. Eventually, he resorted to taking a break in the nurse's office, but even tranquil rest did not do anything to quell the resonance that filled his mind perpetually.

School let out, and he began to walk home, pace heavy with unease.

Highton View Terrace. The thought entered his mind like a slow jolt of electricity, startling him into being aware of it but passing into his thoughts only gradually. Sighing, he decided that he wouldn't set his schedule too far back if he headed there after he dumped his schoolbooks at home; perhaps it was possible to cure his incurable cranial throbbing somehow.

When he reached the place, taking a shower and getting a snack from the pantry before he headed out from home, he saw quite a few other people there. He curtly nodded at Kougetsu-san from school; she was in his class, the cheerfully interactive although not extremely extroverted girl who sat in the front few rows; he could not remember exactly if she was two rows or one row before him, who sat in the fourth row. He smiled slightly at her, and she smiled and lightly said a greeting back; he responded in kind. Their relationship did not go much beyond fairly friendly acquaintances.

Suddenly, a burst of light filled his vision, and then...

Darkness.

---

Haruna happily touched the morning breeze with her fingertips, eyes closed so as to get the greatest surface area when she touched the wind. It was a new day, and though she didn't particularly feel anything different about it, she was sure that it would be an extraordinary day. After all, wasn't one supposed to have expectations about every day of their lives?

She happily passed through her day like it was any other day; but something nagged at her cognitive processes. Its influence was fairly weak in the morning, but grew stronger and stronger later into the afternoon until she had to blink several times just to focus on the lesson that was being taught by the instructor at hand (mind you, she had to do that sometimes usually as well, but this was not caused by a lack of understanding or a presence of boredom).

She waited until a little after the bell rang, but she couldn't concentrate very much throughout her walk home with her friends.

Highton View Terrace? The name crept into her mind slowly, and though she didn't know how it got there, her intuition told her that it was probably someplace important that she had to visit. Pulling together a backpack of random foods, she slung it across her shoulders and went outside for the second time that day.

When she reached the place, she saw Shimizu-san also there, his well-known laptop back carried at his side. He inclined his head towards her, and she smiled, replying "good afternoon; how are you?" to the young man who was a year older than her. They maintained a fairly casual friendship; not that Haruna didn't maintain a fairly friendly air with everyone, but theirs was a mutual friendship, not simply her own pleasantness at work (or so she felt).

She waited for something, but nothing occurred. Blinking, she yawned, and a flash of light engulfed the space in front of her eyes.

Then nothing.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    Inside a classroom, a teacher was droning on about the Meiji Restoration period. Clearly he was oblivious to the lack of attention he was receiving. Even the most studious were either sleeping or occupying themselves with other interests. A blond girl near the middle of the room was no exception. Lia's pencil moved idly on the paper, scrawling a face she knew so well. Sister's really beautiful, she thought in her usual dazed sort of way. It's so fun to draw her. Her pencil fell from the tips of her fingers suddenly, clinking lightly on the wooden desk. My head hurts... I feel all dizzy... Her thoughts slipped in and out of her head like a feather duster in a crack. All but one.I need to go there. They're waiting for me.

Where?

As the day came to a close and her class sleepily rose and bowed, Lia heard the answer.

Highton View Terrace

She knew where that was. She had wandered around those apartments tens of times, looking for something interesting to sketch. But what's there? There was no answer.

She filed outside with the rest of her class and turned toward the path it would take to get there. Before she could walk forward, Lia was tackled from behind in a fashion that can only be described as glomping.

"Hey Lia!" a merry female voice chirped dangerously close to her left ear. "What are you spaced out for?" Another, a slightly older male tone, sighed.

"Isn't she always dazed Mizuri? And get off her for god's sake. She needs to breathe." The so-named girl pouted and released her friend, who remained stock-still as she tried to regain lost oxygen. She brushed her brown hair from her face as she turned to the taller, black-haired boy.

"My name is Tanako! Ta-Na-Ko! You get it yet Michiru? I don't like my last name!"

Michiru sighed, bringing his free hand to hold her back from tackling him next. "Too bad Mizuri. I refuse to call you by your first name."

"Why?"

"I don't want to."

"That's a lame reason!" The two continued to bicker back and forth. Lia looked lazily between them and slipped away, believing they were thoroughly occupied. She walked down the path quickly, the place she needed to go pulsing through her body in an way that simply meant hurry.

There were others there when she arrived. She drifted over to the people who looked very confused and bothered. Two were talking.

What were we called for? Her answer came only moments later. A bright light flashed over her vision and blinded her. Then there was only darkness.

Years
    Since the OOC thread has still not been approved, we're stuck with this.

I hereby open my two spots, and thusly am leaving the RP in Fuyu's capable hands.

Spoiler:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Ah, if at all possible I'd also like to net one of those reservations. I'm not feeling well as of late, but still practically MUST attend class due to the difficulty -.- So if I could have one till... maybe Tuesday? I get off early that day so it'd be much appreciated.

And if someone could help me with a little something. I love Deramon <3 I'm just struggling with an appropriate Mega :/ The one Digimon that I feel is most suitable would be Ebonwumon because it still retains that beast/plant motif, but I believe that due to it's power and the plotline... I shouldn't. There's also Phoenixmon, but I really want to focus on that plant motif rather than the bird aspect (power might also be a concern... I don't know @-@). So it all boils down on advice for a mega ^-^' I may end up reconsidering using Deramon, but I really do like it.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    ((I'm still here. Anyone else? It's ever so cold and lonely...))

Back