• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Series Seven Announced!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Whoah wait what. D8;

When did Xros Wars end? :/ I still think of it as being brad-spankin'-new, and have yet to watch a single episode.. XD; Though, I saw a few awesome GIF images from it at one point, and wondered what that series. I was impressed to find out that it was the new Digimon season. Still haven't given it a go. Though I'm disappointed that the next one will be another Xros Wars, I can't say I'm too surprised that another series has finally managed to get an '02. I'll give both a go, eventually.

I loved all the seasons up until Savers, and I think that season is what turned me off of automatically watching Xros Wars tbh. :/

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I've been enjoying Xros Wars this whole time, and it's been pretty good. Sure, it can't beat Tamers, but there's very little that can hold a light to Tamers, and this season is one of them that can.

Yes, initially it comes off as glitzy, action-y, and otherwise cheap, but that rubs off quickly once you get INTO the story. I will admit the initial pace is a bit slow, but as the enemies get stronger the pace quickens. This has always been a canonical Digimon method of development...it begins slow, and light-hearted and gets heavier and heavier as the plot thickens. I love that it gets as hard and heavy as it did in Tamers, and in some ways it DOES innovate on how thick and heavy Tamers got. I will say though that it gets pretty twisted...you start to expect the plot twists by about episode 40, even if you don't know what the twist is, which is kind of excessive at first but develops out well enough.

The characters do have that 'Anima' or humanity however. If you find yourself predicting their moves, it's because you've already come to KNOW them...the character development is usually pretty subtle, not because they're "Mary/Gary Sue" or anything like that. I will say the "Mary Sue" principal does NOT apply here...there's points that distinguish all characters from such silly writers' bigotry. I still vehemently object to the use and standard of "Mary Sue", I find it to be a very silly and stupid test that really does nothing for character development. The "Mary Sue" test is nothing more than a simple "Simpsons did it" type test, it serves no real purpose other than to disable elements of characters that can enhance a story.

Digimon Savers was good on it's own. It did not do Tamers the proper justice however, despite being an obvious continuation of Tamers.

Digimon Xros Wars does what it brings to the table awkwardly however...DigiXros needs refinement. There were just too many situations where new crosses were either unnecessary or just plain excessive. There was also an abundance of partners, which I feel somewhat broke the Digimon rules a bit more than necessary. It made sense when Taiki had just Shoutmon, Ballistamon, Dorulumon and Cutemon travelling with him, and combining them with whatever other Digimon lived in the Zones to create crosses as necessary. The number of crosses featuring Shoutmon got ridiculous at x5. I will say that Wisemon was the best to pickup...you NEED someone like Genni, and Wisemon fits the bill. :p

Other than that, Xros Wars was amazing. I hope Xros Wars 02 does better. <3

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    OMGOMGOMG: MY LIFE IN THE DIGIMON WORLD CAN LIVE. I wish Tai and Touma/ Thomas S5 and T.K was there though. So pumped that Daisuke is there as well as Matt, Takuya and Takato - My life is officially complete

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    They're bringing in the old heroes? That's awesome! I haven't kept up with any of the newer seasons, but I might just have to check out this specific episode just to see the old characters reappear. That screenshot doesn't have Tai in it... what the hell is up with that though? :(

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    OMGOMGOMG: MY LIFE IN THE DIGIMON WORLD CAN LIVE. I wish Tai and Touma/ Thomas S5 and T.K was there though. So pumped that Daisuke is there as well as Matt, Takuya and Takato - My life is officially complete

Ok I got info about this. This image is actually about the Carddass and has been finished for a while now. So this image is NOT about the new series. These guys are the Generals for the Carddass. (I do not know what the carddass is I assume it is a card game of some sort (that is not on motorcycles))

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah. Carddass is a new arcade integrated trading card game style that's huge in Japan at the moment, a ton of big franchises have a card game through it.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Anyone know why and/or have any idea why Xros Wars 01 and/or Digimon Season 6 hasn't been dubbed yet?

This seems like some BS IMO...

This series, IMO, could have the potential to bring Digimon back to the U.S.

I'm still a fan. Even though not a DAMN thing of Digimon has come out in the U.S. since Season 5 Data Squad and/or Digimon World Data Squad PS2 video game.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Ok I got info about this. This image is actually about the Carddass and has been finished for a while now. So this image is NOT about the new series. These guys are the Generals for the Carddass. (I do not know what the carddass is I assume it is a card game of some sort (that is not on motorcycles))

Well that sucks damn nina from DA/TUmblr who always seems to know everything

As for season 6 dub, I'm pretty sure it hasn't. Either way I'm just sticking to subs

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Well that sucks damn nina from DA/TUmblr who always seems to know everything

As for season 6 dub, I'm pretty sure it hasn't. Either way I'm just sticking to subs

Yes I KNOW it hasn't been dubbed yet but it is going to EVER receive a dub was my question.

If not, why?

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    William Winckler (directing the English dub of Xros Wars) will probably make the Xros Wars dub suck than the Savers dub did.

And when in the name of the Digi-Gods will us Americans get Lost Evolution for the DS?!

Anyways, I'm pumped for the new arc (they recently revealed it's still the same season) of DXW.

Back