• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon World XP

Would You Try This Game?

• Of Course!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I'd Probably Try It

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I'd Think About It, But Probably Not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not A Chance

• Only If It Had Custom Digimon

• Total voters

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Ok so I've been around game making for a little while now, as I've gone through two Pokemon projects that I've never really gotten off of their feet. I know, I'm a failure :'(

BUT, this time, I want to try something different. There's only a few digimon games on here, but none of them are done and most are questioned to be completed. I can't guarantee this one will get done either, but I'd at least like to give it a shot.

I'd like to create a digimon game, in the same fashion that Digimon World DS was made. It doesn't seem like it'd be the most complicated thing in the world, seeing as a lot of it, such as the battle system, is already similar to the likes of what RMXP already has. Here's an example of such:

digimon-world-ds-battle.jpg

Here's a video of some of the gameplay, also. A battle takes place around 4:15, if you want to fast forward it.

CLICK HERE

As you can see, there would (obviously) need to be some modifications, but a lot of the system is the same. Plus, I don't want to go dual screen, so some of the things would need to be merged all into one screen, which wouldn't be too hard. The menu system would need to be moved around a bit, too.

I've got a guy that would be willing to design new, custom digimon for the game, as well as we would use a lot of the old ones. Here's the thing.

I'm not a very good scripter, and I know that this is why my project could fail, epically. However, if there is anyone interested in the idea and would like to even lend a small hand to the project, that would be just awesome.

Also, I'm not very good at spriting either, and we would need sprites at least for the newer digimon. If you want to try your hand at spriting some new (and possibly old) creations, let me know, too :)

Most of the other stuff I should be able to take care of myself.

This could very well be my last project I try my hand at. Whether it suceeds or not, I don't know, but if there's anyone out there that would like to get involved, let me know either here or through PM and we'll talk.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    what exactly makes this any different from Digimon world DS? Like what's the plot? It still looks good.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I've got it all in the works right now. Basic ideas have been floating around in my head right now and they're all coming to fruition. This post is more of to see interest, and to see if I should really start working on it. Like I said, there's resources I don't have that I'd need before even being capable of doing it, so if I can't get those resources I'd rather not waste my time starting the project then epically failing at completing it.

Though, I probably should post some sort of at least "intro storyline" to get things started up a bit, probably why this thread hasn't garnered much interest yet. I'll get on top of that.

Back