• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digital Art by Firequill - Charizard and More!

Firequill

Digital Artist
    Years
    So apparently I haven't logged onto this site since March, 2004, but I never forgot about it thanks to the yearly 'happy birthday' emails it sends me. And since I've done a bit of Pokemon fan art recently, I thought I might show some! (They're sort of big, so I've tucked them into spoiler tags to not overwhelm those with smaller monitors, I suppose!)

My most recent artwork, Charizard:
    Spoiler:

My HeartGold Pokemon:

And, because I can, a recent piece of artwork I did which I'm particularly fond of:

And a gryphon I painted a few months ago and ended up particularly pleased by the swirly mane fur and stuff:
    Spoiler:

There's lots more artwork on my website and deviantART account (www.sabressanctum.com and Firequill.deviantart.com, respectively), though my website also has some drawing tutorials and stuff. I apparently like to draw dragons and fantasy creatures and stuff, but maybe I'll update this thread if I do more Pokemon fan art in the future! I would probably be interested in drawing my SoulSilver Pokemon one day as a sort of companion piece to that HeartGold one up there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I'm no good at critiquing so I can't give you a wall of text, but let's just say you're a very talented artist!

That Charizard is stunning! The detail you put into the muscles, chipped wings, and shading looks very great.
    Your HG picture is amazing also. I think Espeon's forelegs look a little too short, but that's about it.
    I love that dragon picture! Everything looks so mystical, especially with the floating earth and what you did with the sky. It all flows together very well.
    The gryphon is very nice, too. Maybe it could use more contrast, though, so the shading stands out more.

Firequill

Digital Artist
    Years
    Thank you! I'm glad you like them! Heh, maybe the Espeon's legs are a bit short...! It gets a bit confusing working with Pokemon proportions while trying to make them slightly more 'realistic'. I kept feeling like Charizard's head and neck might be too big for its body, but the official artwork of it from FireRed/LeafGreen probably gives it an even bigger head than I did...! XD

Contrast seems to be one of my weak points, so I've probably coloured a lot of things that I thought had enough contrast while I was working on them, but then realised after I'd finished that my range of values was quite small indeed...! But as long as I can acknowledge that, I can hopefully overcome it by pushing myself to add darker darks and lighter lights! Or something.

Zinock

♚Where Legends Are Born♚
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Dude,your pretty good!
    I can tell you work hard on your art work.
    Keep it up!

Years
    Your art is just amazing, every piece looks great. I like how each of your Pokemon has an individual expression, and the Charizard piece is, to be quite honest, epic. Your third piece, as well as the Griffon, look exceptionally done, as well. Bravo, Firequill.

Back