• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Digital Art: Mouse or Digital Pen

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
  • Well, I think that lot of people who are going for digital arts always recommended a digital pen drawing, but what if using a mouse can actually make an art as well?

What do you think, does mouse able to draw as well as pen? Will you try to use mouse to make a drawing?

For me , I think mouse can actually draw something good.

Spoiler:

Years
  • You can use a mouse to make digital art! When I was in middle school, that was really the more common choice, as drawing tablets were much more expensive and were not as advanced as they are today. I would still say that tablets are always going to be superior to a mouse, just because your hand is literally made for that kind of dexterity, but it's still fine to use a mouse to draw. I think some people still use mouse + pen tool for extreme control over their lineart as well.

Years
  • I used to draw with the mouse a lot, but I would always trace over a traditional drawing that I scanned onto my computer. I personally prefer the tablet pen, because it makes it easier to vary the thickness of the lines by applying different amounts of pressure.

Tholek

Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I used to draw with the mouse a lot, but I would always trace over a traditional drawing that I scanned onto my computer. I personally prefer the tablet pen, because it makes it easier to vary the thickness of the lines by applying different amounts of pressure.

I totally agree.

Back