• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dino's Fakemon

Years
  • Yo People of the Pokecommunity! In this here thread I will be posting my fakemon sprites and the occasional tileset.
    I have been spriting for about 2 years now and have grown alot, and i still have even more to learn.
    Lemme know what you think about muh sprites
    comments and ideas gladly accepted
    Dino's Fakemon

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can see you revamped most of them, they all look great. I'm loving the new shading style..but i'm not too fond of the water starter's pose, you could try a more dynamic pose. And the arms look like they're in an awkward position.

Years
  • Fantastic job on the heads, especially the eyes. Like Logiedan said though, the pose and arms aren't as good on the water starter and, I think, the arms on the grass starter have a similar problem. They just hang there.

If I might also make a suggestion: the bluebird's eyes might stand out better if they were a different color from the body. I don't think there's enough contrast between them and the area around them.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • wow these are very nice. i realy like the fire starter. very creative and original. i look forward t your work in the future.

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • hey you had the same idea as me! Fire/grass/water mixed with flying/rock/fighting! agree with what Logie and Scarf said so far. GREAT SHADING, but the water starter pose is lack luster. Also,the cardinal could look toward the opponent more, and less to the side.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I occasionally click on sprite threads, and when I do I always think there's something "off" about them that makes them not look like they could be real Pokemon. Whatever all the other sprites I've looked at lack, you definitely have. I could see these, especially the fire starter, inserted directly into a Pokemon game.

Years
  • Thanks everybody for commenting on my work :D Anyways i have got an update, yay! I edited the sprites that you guys told me to. (see 1st post!)

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Woah these look great!
    you've definitely improved your sprites from the last thread, and they look fresh and have this feel of a new style. Sorry if I can't express myself properly. xD

I especially like the birds, the lineart is really impressive and the shades are on the right spots! :)

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    nice sprites dino. seriously how did you learn to sprite this well, its amazing! i really like the new style your going with, except the grass starter, i dunno, for some reason it doesn't strike me as a starter, its just to conspicous, all the others look great i especially like the fire starter and the new cardible. keep up the good work man.
    flamemaster~

Years
  • Thanks for not commenting for the last 7 days D: Naw, just kidding. I have got an update! I have got the evolutions of the starters and my favorite sprite so far, some caterpillar thing! Feel free to comment on my work.
    Dino's Fakemon

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I really love your fakemons. That worm one is a bit weird because it looks like he has wood growing out of his face and tail but other then that i just see real talent.

Years
  • The red on the evolution of the water starter is way too..red. It just seems way off and unbalanced, so I think you should lighten it up a bit. Maybe you could make it close to the red on the water starter.

The caterpillar looks a bit flat as well and the eyes are unusual. You could try using real Pokémon as references for eyes. I love the updates though, keep spriting. c:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Did I mention that I love your sprites? Because I really do. I'm in love with your fire starter line :x

The only things I would change are what Logiedan suggested. I don't think the caterpillar itself looks flat, but the eyes should maybe bug out a bit? Or, for added effect, you could take the eyes off altogether and leave people wondering if the eyes belong on the yellow spot or the red ones on top.

Years
  • I just noticed that there was shading on the caterpillar. XD I couldn't really tell, so possibly have some more contrast? I also noticed that the outline of the caterpillar is mostly all black, and that's a bit heavy on it.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • idk i liked the first version of the fire starter evolution ALOT more. love the water evo and the bug is quite...whats the word im looking for...keen, if u will :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • That worm one is a bit weird because it looks like he has wood growing out of his face and tail
    Those are actually poison barbs, it is based on the Dryas iulia caterpillar.
    The red on the evolution of the water starter is way too..red. It just seems way off and unbalanced, so I think you should lighten it up a bit.
    Yeah, thought there was a little to much contrast.
    I don't think the caterpillar itself looks flat, but the eyes should maybe bug out a bit?
    True
    I just noticed that there was shading on the caterpillar. XD I couldn't really tell, so possibly have some more contrast? I also noticed that the outline of the caterpillar is mostly all black, and that's a bit heavy on it.
    I did that so it would look dark and menacing, but i don't think caterpillars can be dark and menacing :D

Anyways lets get to the point here, I have got an update. I edited some of the fakes and I put the evolutions of the birds in the dex. Personally i think they look bad*** but i want to know what you guys think.
    Dino's Fakemon

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • I think it looks odd in how all three of the basic stage starters have different walking styles for lack of a better term, as in how the grass is a Biped, the Fire is a Quadroped, and the Water is Lapras-ped, but then in the first stage, both the water and the grass are bipeds, and quite frankly, look like a retype of the same pokemon. I suggest making the Second stage a floating serpent as well.

The cardinal based bird is awesome, but i think the feet are placed badly, and it looks almost on a tilt.

Keep spriting, cause I know your worlds better than I am!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    The grass line looks stupendous and hands down the best of the three. The fire starter is my least favorite of the three but it's quite cute really. The water starter's head is a little too bulbous and its evo looks nothing like it. Drastic change is drastic. The first blue jay is kinda average but the second stage is so cool, same goes for the final stage. The cardinal is the opposite. Everything looks good until the last stage where it looks too pudgy and its legs are awkward looking. I'll wait to judge the caterpillar until after I see its evolutionary relatives.

Back