• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dinos fakes & tiles

Years
  • Hi guys, i have really been inspired by some of the spriters out there, so i have been taking time to try and hone my skillz(altho my r not very great:p). So yeah, this thread is for showcasing the sprites i am making for a fakedex of my region-so here they r! Also i might put some of the tiles i am making.
    dinos fakes & tiles

this one is mine- its suppose to be a grass salamander/newt
    dinos fakes & tiles
    dinos fakes & tiles
    dinos fakes & tiles

these three are made for iarama​

Oh and everything i post in this thread is not for public use unless stated by me.
    thank you enjoy​

Last edited:

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
  • Not bad spriting but the first one resembles Tsutarja (tail) so maybe you could edit that out. Make sure to check your shading (general reminder).

Years
  • Ok guys, i've made some new sprites, oh and thanks for the tip-(edited the tail of the salamander) they are the first bugtypes you will encounter on your journey-

dinos fakes & tiles

this one is rigopill-riggle/caterpillar​

dinos fakes & tiles

the second one is i dont know​

names will gladly be appreciated​

Last edited:

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Where are the Tiles xD ? Or will you post them later ?

Years
  • I know I saw sprites here the last time I looked, but now they're gone. Please bring them back or put new ones up ASAP or I'll have to lock this thread.

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
  • the bottom of the trees (trunck and darkest leaves) looks separated from the top half (the rest of the sprite) and the top part kinda looks gelatiny(<-not a real word)

i like the buildings though...then again i didnt really look at all of them =/

Years
  • hey guys i've got an update~XD
    this sprite is made by me, but the concept is not mine
    its a fakemon called cactoni-concept belongs to werepenguin from :laugh:deviantart:laugh:

dinos fakes & tiles

This one is mine-its the crystal pokemon crystone

dinos fakes & tiles

This one is the evolution of crystone- the crystal pokemon crysolite

dinos fakes & tiles

crystone and cactoni still need a bit of editing tho
    thats it fur now folks​

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • you have the basics down very well. well done.

all i can suggest is to put a little more design into your concepts. try drawing them before you sprite them.

anywho, looking forward to seeing more!

Years
  • They're all pretty good. I agree with Samson - I think a little bit added to the designs will make them better.

Also, the caterpillar one seems too much like Caterpie. =P But I love the second grass type in your first post =D

Years
  • *major update*
    okay guys i've got a backsprite of cactoni done, and thats it.
    dinos fakes & tiles

I'll be doing more stuff soon so keep in touch
    and remember no stealing​

Years
  • *major update*
    okay guys i've got a backsprite of cactoni done, and thats it.
    dinos fakes & tiles

I'll be doing more stuff soon so keep in touch
    and remember no stealing​
    Since the body is round you might want to try adding a little lighting on the opposite side like:
    dinos fakes & tiles
    dinos fakes & tiles

Though it's not really necessary. Actually, it's probably better you didn't. I just think it needs another shade of green or perhaps a touch of dithering to get more texture on it. It's a pretty good sprite. I think the outline on the main spike is a little off on the highlighted side. You've got areas where the outline is two pixels thick and have the lighter of the two on the outside. It would look sharper, as in have the most contrast, to have the darker shades on the outside.

Years
  • Thanks for all the advice people, i know i have not done something in a long time but you know~school sucks
    but anyways i have made a new house and edited some others. so here they are - enjoy!

Last edited:
    Back