• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Disappointments with the 5th Gen Thus Far?

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    I'm extremely disappointed with the starters. I didn't like Gen. 4's design overall, but with Zorua and Zoroark I got my hopes up again. The grass starter is fine, but the other two don't look promising (ESPECIALLY the otter).

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Totally agree with you. It will be ehart breaking (at least to me) if they take out a feature that actually let you bond with your lead Pokemon. It also personified the Pokemon too, to make it less like a fighter, and more like a friend.

This feature is so important, that if Black/White doesn't have it, it may make me not buy it.

Something you have to think about there is that they have to make walking sprites for every single Pokémon there is, which would take a while to sprite and program, and they also wouldn't want to accidentally reveal Pokémon in early videos. My money is on the idea that there will be Walking Pokémon. We just haven't seen them yet.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm extremely disappointed with the starters. I didn't like Gen. 4's design overall, but with Zorua and Zoroark I got my hopes up again. The grass starter is fine, but the other two don't look promising (ESPECIALLY the otter).

They grow on you bro. I felt the same way when I first saw them but I guess I got used to them and now I can tolerate them.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Only disappointed thus far in how pixelated the back sprites are in battle. I can see that annoying me quite a bit. Hopefully this will either look better on a DS screen that's in front of my hands, or they do a better job with the actual pixel work.

I think everything else so far looks fantastic though.

Norisom

Oh hai der
    Years
    I think the games look pretty good but I still can't get over how there are no Pokemon following the main character in the screenshots and gameplay :(

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    I'm disappointed in the starters, the 3D-ness, and the fact that they seem
    to be doing the same old "new region, new pokemon" things. I think we have enough pokemon

Oh yea, all in favour of a remake of Kanto!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe Sinnoh....

These are good ideas!!!!!!

And also revert back to 2D and the starters should be Torchic, Squirtle and Chikorita

(Sarcasm)

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Snow ball head, fire pig? Its come down to this... -_-

Years
    Nothing bothers me about this upcoming generation, except how the screen shots we have seen so far don't feature the Follow Me feature as in HGSS. I really hope that comes back, even if its optional.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Only disappointment so far is that it's on the DS, because by now, the DS has pretty much reached the end of it's life-span. I'll be fine with it if they do it like Generation II, where Gold/Silver is designed for GBC, but can be played on GB, while Crystal is GBC only. Maybe they'll do something like have Black & White designed for DSi/3DS, while it can be played on DS, and then have later versions (remakes/3rd version) be DSi/3DS only.

I guess it doesn't really matter, since I won't be getting Black & White. I see no point, since the 3rd version is going to be much better. I NEVER play my Diamond version anymore, and I feel like it was a waste of $35 bucks because of Platinum. Platinum far exceeds D/P, and so with the 3rd version to Black & White.

lbirrueta

HAXXING'
    Years
    My disappointment is that in all of the screenshots there was no pokemon walking around behind the trainer. What gives? I liked having my pokmeon with me in Heartgold and Soulsilver. \./

The didn't show the pokemon walking because the did not want to reveal the new pokemon. it seem pretty obvious...

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    I hope we don't get a bunch of new evos this time.
    I do hope we get a bunch of new evos this time. But useful ones *coughcoughDusknoircoughcoughRhypheriorcoughcough*

Oh, I hate pixelated sprites. I will also be pretty frustrated if they remove the Partner Pokémon. C'mon, they made 493 sprites, why don't make just 150 (aproximately) new?

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Only thing I am disappointed in is the color of the Water starter. I love the design, bu the color is just...ugh...

I agree; I actually expected it to be the best of the starters when the shadows were leaked but... It turned being the worst one.
    And... why is it white? Why white? I thought it was an otter, not a snowman D:

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I know I'm just repeating what was already said, but I am very disappointed in the lack of Pokemon following you.

Back