• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Disappointments with the 5th Gen Thus Far?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
  • Why... WHY IS THERE A POKEMON CENTRE ON THE BOTTOM FLOOR OF A HUGE SKYSCRAPER? Have somewhere to heal your Pokemon inside if neccecary, but they didn't have to ruin the design of the building by putting in a tiny out of place Pokemon center.

Because when a company buys out a section of a building (As most big buildings aren't owned by one single person, but have many companies inside) they can make them look like whatever they want.
    Mind you we have a McDonalds here and it rests at the very bottom of a gigantic skyscraper.
    The thing looks WAY out of place, aesthetically distasteful, BUT, it draws attention, and it is NOT a normal sight.
    A pretty good marketing ploy.... BUT... this is pokemon, Pokemon Centers are FREE, why would they need to attract attention?
    Because a small red building would in fact probably look more out of place by itself than with a big building on top of it.
    All those tall buildings towering over this small little Pokemon Center...
    It also makes it seem like there is more uses for those oh so plentiful blank buildings that serve no purpose other than scenery in the pokemon world.

Like I said, heading downhill... lol

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • my only problem is a tiny tiny small one, tsutajas sprite is a bit...
    strange? what with the pointy nose, other than that its looking great, zoroark made me so happy!
    he reminds me of 3rd gen, my favourite gen, great enviroments, great pokes, great extras (like the animation of kyogre, groudon and rayquaza at the end of the storyline) and great characters!

Wind

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • So far there is not one thing I can find that I don't like. Maybe the Starters changed a bit but that's it. Good job Nintendo. :D

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Mainly, I'm disappointed that they hadn't created new sprites for the old Pokémon (like Entei and Raikou are both the same), and I especially hate the moving backsprites...ugh...Street Fighter all over again!

Though nothing is bad enough for me to throw the games at the wall yet, I'm just disappointed with the fact that they haven't released more!

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • My disappointment is that people can't wait for the official release of the game to judge things like battle backgrounds/music/etc; and completely fail to take into account that the screenshots/video are likely beta versions of what's to come. -,-

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    My disappointment is that in all of the screenshots there was no pokemon walking around behind the trainer. What gives? I liked having my pokmeon with me in Heartgold and Soulsilver. \./

Agreed. 4th Gen will still be most epic gen because of the pokemons walking behind trainer.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • That too ^ That was the greatest feature of any game, as it felt like a more personal game.

Oh, and I'm also wondering about the heroine's hair...what is that thing? O___o

Xanatos13

Pokemon Whisperer
    Years
  • I think it's looking awesome thus far. ^_^ I've enjoyed following them from the R/B days, and they just get better with time. (Except R/S... They were "Eh.") Like the Grass starter. XD

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
  • So far, I'm quite disappointed with the designs of the protagonists. They look generic, unlike the other playable characters in Pokemon.

I'm not sure if they're supposed to look generic, but surely, I could just walk around my neighborhood and find anybody that would be dressed like them.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I don't have any problems with the game so far. I love everything about it including the 3D, the starters, the fact that the trainers are older and how they based the region on another country. We've already seen some revolutionary content with the little information we have now.

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Oh another thing that I completely forgot about before. I don't like the theme to it :S With the new region being more Industrial or w/e. I liked the 'poor' theme lol. Can't always get want we want can we :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    My two complaints: The starter Pokemon are horrible, and the battle backgrounds are dull.

Everything else looks awesome though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The only real disappointing thing is that the game isn't in my hands yet. XD

If you want me to nitpick though, I think putting it on the DS as opposed to the 3DS is a huge mistake. With how ambitious this game is, I can imagine space limitations being a huge factor, such as perhaps being the culprit behind the loss of the pokemon following you feature, and may hinder other aspects including the number of new pokemon, the number of new attacks, etc...

Also, if you stop complaining about pokemon designs, they will grow on you. I hated Turtwig and Piplup when they were revealed, but I've come to like them more than Chimchar, who I expected to be my favorite. Same applies to over half of the new evolutions added in GenIV.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    The only real disappointing thing is that the game isn't in my hands yet. XD

If you want me to nitpick though, I think putting it on the DS as opposed to the 3DS is a huge mistake. With how ambitious this game is, I can imagine space limitations being a huge factor, such as perhaps being the culprit behind the loss of the pokemon following you feature, and may hinder other aspects including the number of new pokemon, the number of new attacks, etc...

Also, if you stop complaining about pokemon designs, they will grow on you. I hated Turtwig and Piplup when they were revealed, but I've come to like them more than Chimchar, who I expected to be my favorite. Same applies to over half of the new evolutions added in GenIV.

I've already had Mijumaru and Pokabu grow on me. Both are like contending for my pick, and that was previously only a job for Tsujata. ;;

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Also, if you stop complaining about pokemon designs, they will grow on you.

True, but I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wish Nintendo would STOP MAKING POKEMON OUT OF ANIMALS?!?! Seriously!! If you have no more ideas; STOP.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016

Indeed; I expected to like Chimchar best before I saw the starters' final evolutions, although I quite liked Turtwig and Piplup too. But when I saw their final stages, Infernape was easily my least favourite... Luckily I traded to start with all three, but otherwise my tradition of using the Fire-type starter would have been under threat.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • True, but I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wish Nintendo would STOP MAKING POKEMON OUT OF ANIMALS?!?! Seriously!! If you have no more ideas; STOP.

A lot of them are based on abstract concepts, like the pixie trio of gen IV.

Most of them have some basis in Eastern mythology (IE Arceus is based on the Qilin, a mythical hoofed creature that shaped the universe). Even Dunsparce, it's based on a mythological animal in Japanese folklore.

I think, though, other than legends/folklore, what else is there to base Pokemon off of besides animals?

Back