• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Display random numbers

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    How can I display random numbers or variables in a sentence? When I try to do it, only the variable symbols are displayed, and I can't show the actual numbers.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean
    Can you also give an example of the script that you attempted to use?
    Thanks,
    Swdfm

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Thank you for your reply.I want to show the variables named 「FLOAR」,so I scripted "text#{FLOAR}"but error occured.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It depends where you put it, and I presume that you have assigned FLOAR to a number
    Are you able to post the error, and tell us where the text is posted, and what was assigned to FLOAR ?
    Thanks

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Thank you for your response. I apologize for the delay. I simply scripted, as shown in this image. In any case, I would appreciate it if you could instruct me on how to display variables within a conversation.
    https://imgur.com/LvoE100

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That's a game variable. you can do \v[21] to show it in a text box.

Back