• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Distributing your games to people who don't have RMXP

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    I have noticed hat a lot of people have been wanting to play games made in RMXP but don't have RMXP installed, causing an error.
    There is a way to make so you don't need RMXP on your computer to play games.
    Follow these steps:
    1) In the RTP there are many sound effects, graphics files, etc. They appear blue on your resource list. Using the resource manager, you must export all the files you have used that have a blue circle before its name into the correct folder.
    For example:
    I have used the charset file 001-Fighter01 from the RTP. I must export 001-Fighter-01 into the Characters Folder of your project.
    2) Once you have made sure you have got all your used resources from the RTP to appear red, (double check aswell!) go to the Game tab at the top of RMXP.
    3) Click on RTP Selection.
    4) And now you will roberbly see "Standard" in RTP1. Change that to None.

And that's it, people who don't have RMXP should be able to use it. Just remember to make sure you exported all of your used RTP files.
    I hope this is clear enough for people as I'm not too good at explaining stuff. XD

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    Maybe I could get farther in this subject if I knew what RTP stands for. SO could anyone tell me what it stands for and where to find it!

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    You also should include the rgss100j.dll, rgss102e.dll, or rgss102j.dll in the folder. I have seen people not include the dll and it gives an error.

Back