• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DNA (for those who study biology)

Which way does your school use?

• Deoxyriboneucleic Acid

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Deoxyribose Neucleic Acid

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Deosyribose Neucleic Acid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deosyriboneucleic Acid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, my school doesn't teach in English.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Lil' Schu said:
    Gawd, we're only in the 7th grade, and we're not even in Biology. It's still science XD.

We use Deoxyribonucleic Acid. o.o;. I have to make a 3d model of a cell 'cause we're studying it. Wah. XD
    wow, interesting!

My school just teach us all sorts of boring theories and we hardly do any practical. and they never did use models =.=

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
    We use Deoxyribose Neucleic Acid too, I think...I don't remember, we did it last year.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    They aren't actually all correct. Deoxyribose is the pentose sugar found in DNA, and is simply called Deoxyribose. Deoxyribonucleic Acid is made up of a pentose sugar (in this case - Deoxyribose), a nitrogen base (Adenine, Thymine, Guamine or Cytosine) and something else XD Sorry for the biology lesson XD

GVG

Years
    This "something else" is called a phosphate group and joins the sugars and the bases together. The correct name is Deoxyribonucleic Acid as far as I know. I think this stuff is really interesting especially when you do it in detail. DNA replication and the processes by which proteins and polypeptide chains are formed are truly amazing. However, that's my own opinion. I doubt if anyone here agrees XD

otakugirl14

Phsycotic Otaku
    Years
    Deoxyriboneucleic Acid. I actually like this class for once, lol, so I've been paying really close attention. But just about everyone else calls it DNA. They are also the people who failed the recent test, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    The people who made DNA really just copied the pokemon "Deoxys" and stole one of Grimer's attacks, "Acid", and simply formed. "Doexyriboneucleic Acid."

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    They aren't actually all correct. Deoxyribose is the pentose sugar found in DNA, and is simply called Deoxyribose. Deoxyribonucleic Acid is made up of a pentose sugar (in this case - Deoxyribose), a nitrogen base (Adenine, Thymine, Guamine or Cytosine) and something else XD Sorry for the biology lesson XD
    Why sorry? That's very good information!! :D

Back