• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do ALL Pokemon come from eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
Years
  • It seems they do, but do you think they should?

Some Pokemon liek Tauros and such wouldn't lay eggs, I think >.<;;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Bird and reptilian Pokemon would probably lay eggs (I.E. Pellipper and Lanturn), but mammal Pokemon (like Tauros) would probably give live births. So the baby Pokemon from them probably won't come from eggs. *Imagines a Tauros laying an egg* XD

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    No not at all.Legendaries do not come from eggs.Some pokemon dont like Solrock and Lunatone.Like almost 100 pokemon of the game do not come from eggs.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Hmm... about 200 Pok?mon came from Eggs~
    Even the mammal, like Tauros, Miltank and Wailmer~ o__o
    Yesh, I've already breed those Pok?mon, ya know the results~ xD

Like MegaDitto said, only the Legends werent born~
    [200, I said, because Im not counting Evos]

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Well in terms of relevence....Mammals can't really lay eggs. Only birds, repties and forgs. But, it would be interesting if that would be applied to D/P....

As for those who don't breed, I think they multiply in a certain way.

Housyasei-san

lalala
    Years
  • The whole egg bit was to make it easier for the breeding specs in the games; It was carried over to the anime/manga as well. But if Pokemon where living, breathing animals, the egg-layers would lay eggs, mammals would give live birth, ect.

So you people can now imagine Miltank giving live birth (Tauros is male only,right? ;) )

Years
  • It's easy to imagine a dragonair laying an egg. It would be just like a snake doing so. :P

Anyways, I'm in agreement with what's already been said here - that the mammals would have live birth, reptiles would lay eggs, etc. ....with a few exceptions, anyways. A few mammals (the monotremes) do lay eggs, and some reptiles and fish (such as some chameleons and sharks) do have their young come out live - they have eggs, but the eggs hatch inside the mother's body.

Actually...with some of the bigger mammalian pokemon, such as the already-mentioned miltank...it makes no sense for them to lay eggs, unless they have really, really small babies. The eggs would be too big for their safety otherwise. O_o

LilLatias

Name Switched to Kecleon_
    Years
  • marillmonster2000 said:
    They Are Dragons, Wouldn't It Seem Like Dragons Are Mamals? 0_o
    Dragons are reptiles, so they'd lay eggs.

I agree that mammals should give live births and reptiles/birds should lay eggs (with a few exceptions) But think about it. In the game you have to walk around with the egg until it hatches. If they had mammal Pokemon with live births, what would you do, walk around with your female Pokemon until a baby appeared? It would be too complicated.

Years
  • EVA01 said:
    It seems they do, but do you think they should?

Some Pokemon liek Tauros and such wouldn't lay eggs, I think >.<;;

Tauros+Ditto= Tauros Egg
    (Every Pokemon-legendary)+Ditto= Egg
    So all Pokemon exept Legendarys come from egg ^^

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Housyasei-san said:
    Dragonair would come from eggs since they arn't mammals.

No, Dratini would come from eggs. Because Pok?mon probably wouldn't hatch in their evolved forms. You got it backwards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back