• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Red have a family?

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
    Blue(male) has prof. Oak and daisy
    Green(female) has mum and dad
    Yellow has uncle
    Gold has mum
    Silver has Giovanni
    Crystal has mum
    Ruby has mum and Norman
    Sapphire has prof. Birch
    Emerald has parents but dead....
    (I not yet read d/p/pt)
    DO RED HAVE FAMILY??!!!!!!

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    This has actually been explained in the FR/LG arc. I suggest you read that part again where Red questions about his family, etc. He later finds this out thanks to Deoxys.

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years

"Does Red have a family?"

I was thinking the same thing a few nights ago. Of course, I forgot about Yellow's uncle. But she doesn't have parents, despite having a house (in RGB saga). For DPP, I don't think Diamond's family is mentioned, but he does mention Pearl's dad (*cough* Palmer *cough*) saved them during childhood. Platinum has Sir Berlitz.

This has actually been explained in the FR/LG arc. I suggest you read that part again where Red questions about his family, etc. He later finds this out thanks to Deoxys.

Agh, I don't remember this! Please refresh my memory.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years

I can't give you the details, but it was when Red first got defeated by Deoxys and simply got overwhelmed. He almost gave up if it wasn't for Blue to get him to snap out of it. It was then he starts talking about family, etc.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I was thinking the same thing a few nights ago. Of course, I forgot about Yellow's uncle. But she doesn't have parents, despite having a house (in RGB saga). For DPP, I don't think Diamond's family is mentioned, but he does mention Pearl's dad (*cough* Palmer *cough*) saved them during childhood. Platinum has Sir Berlitz.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
    I can't give you the details, but it was when Red first got defeated by Deoxys and simply got overwhelmed. He almost gave up if it wasn't for Blue to get him to snap out of it. It was then he starts talking about family, etc.

I reread this part on MangaFox, and Red doesn't mention his family. Are you sure you're not confusing it with him mentioning Blue(♀)'s parents?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    No. It might not have been there, but probably in the next volume. He does ask himself about his own family.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Sowee for thread naming xD

but dont you want to see his family member? :(

Yes I want to see his family members I never seen Red's family I wonder why the writers of Pokemon Special did not give him at least a mother since the character from the games whom he is based off. The writers also make the main character families seem less important because they relatives either appear in one arc and some relatives are never seen again and Blue (female) parents did not even had any dialogue.

Years
    Well, technically, he has a family, but you just never see them in the manga.
    *shrugs* Maybe in this case, his family doesn't really tie into the plot...so it was pointless to the writers to put them in...^^;
    Just makes it better, knowing that he lives alone

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    He does, of course, but they were not shown in the manga (hopefully, yet).
    Maybe because they're not much involved with the plot, unlike Giovanni, Prof. Birch and Norman.

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
    That I do not know. O.o

The only known relative to him is...

Deoxys. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    No. It might not have been there, but probably in the next volume. He does ask himself about his own family.
    If you would be so kind, look for it? I tried to look for it myself, but I couldn't find it. D: -would love to at least know that he has parents and such, because that'll make roleplaying him just a little bit easier.-

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
    Blue(male) has prof. Oak and daisy
    Green(female) has mum and dad
    Yellow has uncle
    Gold has mum
    Silver has Giovanni
    Crystal has mum
    Ruby has mum and Norman
    Sapphire has prof. Birch
    Emerald has parents but dead....
    (I not yet read d/p/pt)

I don't know why but I found this post cute lol. Must be the Torchic >.>

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    "Does Red have a family?"

Actually in the DP *MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!* Diamonds mom is involved with the Team Galactic incident

Back