• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do u think PBR is a dissapointment compared to stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, it depends on what you like, if you like having no Wi-Fi, and having to actually level your Pokemon to level 100 on your GB before they can be an even level with the game, then you should go with Stadium 1/2. If you like Wi-Fi, and auto level 50 battles, go with Battle Revolution.

P.S., I don't think it's a dissapointment.

Coyotl

Pokephilic Furry
    Years
    Back in the day stadium was actually something exciting and revolutionary for gamers. Pokemon Battle "Revolution" is a skimpy game with almost no depth outside of random battles. At least stadium had minigames and other things to do. I traded in PBR after a few weeks of owning it.

So yes, Pokemon Battle "Revolution" was in my opinion, pretty mediocre shovelware thrown out by the Pokemon Company in order to make a quick buck on gamers whose eyes twinkled at the thought of 3D online battles. Which it did, sadly. Because 3D online battles were the only thing it had that were worth getting. But NOT for $50.00 MSRP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Exactly. PBR is a disappointment compared to Stadium simply because the novelty's gone.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Back in the day stadium was actually something exciting and revolutionary for gamers. Pokemon Battle "Revolution" is a skimpy game with almost no depth outside of random battles. At least stadium had minigames and other things to do. I traded in PBR after a few weeks of owning it.

So yes, Pokemon Battle "Revolution" was in my opinion, pretty mediocre shovelware thrown out by the Pokemon Company in order to make a quick buck on gamers whose eyes twinkled at the thought of 3D online battles. Which it did, sadly. Because 3D online battles were the only thing it had that were worth getting. But NOT for $50.00 MSRP.

Exactly. PBR is a disappointment compared to Stadium simply because the novelty's gone.

Oh my God, yes. I couldn't agree more on this. I would buy it if it was $30 cheaper.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I actually like gale of darkness, it's a decent spin-off. I just like getting my heal bell articuno :P

But I agree, PKMN Battle Revolution was kind of meh. Being a Wii owner, I was greatly disappoonted. I found myself bored...it's a good thing I rented it!

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Well I haven't exactly owned it but I think it is awesome because it is like an "addition" to D/P, sort of like a mini game; you get to prove yourself again in poketopia. I heard the last coliseum is especially hard after you beat it so that would be fun and random wifi battles are so much better than scheduling them on D/P in my opinion .

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Well I haven't exactly owned it but I think it is awesome because it is like an "addition" to D/P, sort of like a mini game; you get to prove yourself again in poketopia. I heard the last coliseum is especially hard after you beat it so that would be fun and random wifi battles are so much better than scheduling them on D/P in my opinion .
    But it's not worth $50. You get pretty much the same fun in the Battle Tower or through Wi-Fi battles in D/P.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I unlike most people I appreciate the graphics of PBR (D/P's are to boring) I just don't really like how the physical moves are displayed though but PBR good sides are...

good: it is in 3-D, there is a awesome ranking system ,i love that annoucer dude and all of his scripts, Poketopia itself.

bad: It pretty much sucks if you don't have wifi or a competitive team , and it is $50 bucks

Thats about it

Last edited:

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I think that it would've been a lot better had they added some of the same features that Stadium had. It would've probably made for a better game. Though I've never played Battle Revolution, I don't know if I want to.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I unlike most people I appreciate the graphics of PBR (D/P's are to boring) I just don't really like how the physical moves are displayed though but PBR good sides are...

good: it is in 3-D, there is a awesome ranking system ,i love that annoucer dude and all of his scripts, Poketopia itself.

bad: It pretty much sucks if you don't have wifi or a competitive team , and it is $50 bucks

Thats about it

The bold part is pretty much what makes you not buy the game, taking in consideration the "good" parts.

Years
    I had it for one day, and screamed that my fears were confirmed, I wasted 400 on a useless gimmicky brick when I could have bought a PS3. I had the Wii for 6 months by then, and hated the controls for everything besides Wii Sports.
    I have a PS3 now, so I'm happy, I can play things worth playing. Sorry Wii, I am only keeping you because RE UC's controls aren't too annoying and SSBB is compatable with the classic controller. It's not the Wii's fault exactly, it's the remote. Every game need classic controller compatability because the remote is awful alot of the time due to Dev's, including nintendo, not knowing to only use it when realy needed.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It was kind of meh...

But its somewhat better than 2D wifi on D/P, but then that makes the entire point to the game a DP upgrade

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    I had it for one day, and screamed that my fears were confirmed, I wasted 400 on a useless gimmicky brick when I could have bought a PS3. I had the Wii for 6 months by then, and hated the controls for everything besides Wii Sports.
    I have a PS3 now, so I'm happy, I can play things worth playing. Sorry Wii, I am only keeping you because RE UC's controls aren't too annoying and SSBB is compatable with the classic controller. It's not the Wii's fault exactly, it's the remote. Every game need classic controller compatability because the remote is awful alot of the time due to Dev's, including nintendo, not knowing to only use it when realy needed.

If the classic controller was used for every game, Nintendo would be stuck in the crap hole Sony is in. People don't buy PS3 cause basically *meaning to offend Sony* the games are all cheap knock offs of games made before, the good games come out for 360 too (MGS4 and DMC4, yeah PS3 only has 2 good games) the price is too high for even the normal, and I need Blu-Ray why? People buy the Wii for the controls. If it was the same control franchise over and over, you bring death to video games.

On-Topic

If you play Pokémon for catching and breeding, and stuff along those lines, of course it's a dissapointment. Pokémon is about battling. Stadium wasn't anything special may I remind. A few mini-games don't make or break a game. I bought Battle Revolution on it's release day, I love it. It's the same exact thing as Stadium minus the mini games. I don't think it's a dissapointment at all.

Years
    If the classic controller was used for every game, Nintendo would be stuck in the crap hole Sony is in.
    People don't buy PS3 cause basically *meaning to offend Sony* the games are all cheap knock offs of games made before,

the good games come out for 360 too (MGS4 and DMC4, yeah PS3 only has 2 good games)

the price is too high for even the normal,

and I need Blu-Ray why?

People buy the Wii for the controls. If it was the same control franchise over and over, you bring death to video games.

Bold 1
    -Well, please, be my guest to defend the majority of Wii games that are awful only because of the Wii Remote. The PS3 only doesn't sell in comparason to the computer and the gimmic box, but it is far from a rut.

Bold 2
    -Zelda is a port, as is RE4, said games, Mario, Metroid, Pokemon, and most games on the Wii that are not complete garbage, and some that are, are also sequel. The term is sequel.

Bold 3
    -Not true, MGS4, Ratchet and Clank+Sequel, Resistance+Sequel, FFXIII, FFXIII VS, Folklore and quite a few others are exclusives. And now the new Dev kit is cheaper, more devs are using the ps3. Also, ALL 360 titles that are exclusives, except DOA, end up on the PC anyway. Not exactly exclusive, especialy when the PC version is much cheaper.

Bold 4
    -Please, come out of the US where the 360 titles start at the same price as PS3 and also, aquaint yourself with the prospect of saving money. The PS3 isn't that expencive, it is relitively close to the opening price of the PS2 and has had the same bumpy start, the only difference being the competition.

Bold 5
    -Blu Ray allows the devs to make games longer if needed, MGS4 for example requires 2. For movies, DVD is fine imo.

Bold 6
    -Lullergasms. Every game console with exception of the Wii and the Virtual Boy as usage for this argument.

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Not really. If anything, it's a major improvement because of the improved graphics and gameplay.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    PBR could had least had more battle modes and some stuff N64 Stadium had. =/
    These days, I don't get any use out of PBR except to milk Stone Edge TMs and Special Berries from it.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    First and foremost, let's not turn this thread into a Wii VS PS3 flamewar. The Wii's better because it's less expensive and has better games, WITH the Wii Remote. It's no one's fault but your own that you can't enjoy revolutionary game control. And of the games mentioned, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy VS XIII are the only things, in my opinion, that are worth looking forward to. These are just simple facts, and thus can't be disputed, so let's just leave it at that.

As for Pokémon Battle Revolution, I say it's better than Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2. The only thing the Stadium games had going for them was the fact you could use it to access your PC in the GB/GBC game and move stuff around, but you could do that in the game itself anyway. This is a vast improvement over the Stadium games, especially since you can actually see the Trainer, customize his/her appearance, and not have to go through the game, possibly missing the Surfing Pikachu. The Surfing Pikachu in Pokémon Battle Revolution can't be missed, it just gets added to the Mystery Gift Shop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back