• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen do you care what gender your pokemon is?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    It depends on the sprite or the rarity of the gender. Like I ALWAYS get female starters I refuse to train male ones unless shiny. Same with skitty I will only train it if its male. I just like rarer pokemon

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It depends on the sprite or the rarity of the gender. Like I ALWAYS get female starters I refuse to train male ones unless shiny. Same with skitty I will only train it if its male. I just like rarer pokemon

thats kind of good, the Pokemon your talking about is the 87.5% male and other 12.5% female or vice versa. Meaning more people would want to trade with you since its rarer and too lazy to breed to get that rare Pokemon gender, I like your thinking

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Depends on the pokemon, for instance, I Roserades/Roselias/Gardevoirs, etc. HAVE to be female for me...

And GeoDUDEs/Snorlax HAVE to be male... First Impressions =P

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2007
    I want all mine Male for some reason, I just dont like female Pokemon for some reason :p

That so rude X3

Well anyways, I also don't really care about the gender. Indeed some Pokemon get an akward appearance if you consider it's gender. A female machamp and a male Gardevoir can be distressing.

But in anyway. The new series D/P give the Gender more difference then the former games (Like evolution and such) so that's actually the only time I really care about it.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I don't really prefer one gender. It depends on the Pokémon. For example, I want a female Togekiss for my team (which is the hardest thing to get) but I don't find one, it will be okay. There are also some I can't stand (male Dodrio/female Pikachu) they look horrible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2007
    I must be the only one that almost never looks at the gender. =D I really don't care what they are, except I prefer getting the gender thats rarer.

Back