• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you change your behavior during the Holidays?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I actually do.

Begining sometime soon before Thanksgiving and ending when school resumes after New Years, I just become the most friendly person you can ever meet. Not that I'm usually mean, but I'm make an effort to be friendly as much as possible during the Holidays.

Likewise, if there's any friendships that have grown sour or if I'm bickering with anyone these usually are corrected around this time because I'm nice to even people I'd consider enemies.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I try to not be so Bah, Humbug, but I probably still am. So yeah. I try to be more friendly during them, but for some reason I can't be.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I become more concerned, even paranoid, about my finances. After all, I have to shell out some of my precious money for *GASP!* other people!

As for being nicer to others, I have no reason to do so. That doesn't change.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Not really. I don't change, or, I dont noticed it.

I'm still selfish and moody, because me without the bad mood is like the planet without the sun, it just doesnt work.

Ayselipera

I try to be friendlier with the family since they're all stressed out over cleaning the house and cooking for the holidays and I wouldn't want to add to their stress. Overall I'm pretty nice to my family in the first place.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    A bit.. my overall mood tends to be a little better, just because I like the feeling surrounding the holidays, even if it stresses a lot of my family out because everyone worries about money. I'd like Christmas whether I got gifts or not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I don't treat anyone differently, but I feel much more cheerful and energetic around the holidays than usual.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I think I do usually get more happy during the holidays. I don't know, something I've noticed. Can't really explain it.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I get a bit b*tchier because I hate spending any time with my family but that's all I've really noticed. Even when I'm b*tchy, I'm still 10X better than my sister or my Aunt Rose at their worst. Probably because they have periods and I don't. If I'm mad at you, you usually won't know it until I sabotage something of yours and get away with it. I'm very underhanded and manipulative. I can be the nicest person to your face, than stab you in the back later. My friends have all learned to tell when I'm mad or upset since I'm usually mellow and sedate. They say it usually lies in my eyes... Wow... that got way off track...

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • I get happy, because I enjoy the festivities:) I love doing the whole Christmas thing, and New Years is a blast 2:p

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I'm more friendly around Christmas. I have some-what of a quick temper, so I guess I can be seen as sort of grouchy sometimes.
    I turn into a bundle of joy and warmth in December though. :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Not at all. I'm generally a friendly person, so I see no need to change my behavior during the holidays. Though, there are exceptions to this, usually around Christmas.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    A bit.. my overall mood tends to be a little better, just because I like the feeling surrounding the holidays, even if it stresses a lot of my family out because everyone worries about money. I'd like Christmas whether I got gifts or not.

This.

My mom has been in freakout mode for the past 3 days, and I don't think it's letting up until the 26th. I just try to listen to the music, the people, enjoy the cold weather, hope it stops raining, etc., I get more polite in stores and such than usual. Happier most of the time, but when I get upset it's a bit more intense, probably an anti-anti-Christmas spirit thing.

Path

Cool
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I become more reserved around my family. That's about it. Oh and I get really excited about anything that has to do with Christmas.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Of course, pretending to like gifts/relatives/get togethers means my behavior has to change. xD

Back