• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your DPPt cases?

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
  • I do. Though.. where the hell did I put my SS case?
    Ah, found it on my shelf. :3

https://i45.tinypic.com/34gm2jq.jpg

Why would you throw such a sexy case away?

Though I don't like the game itself, because you get SAVING A LOT OF DATA all the time, regardless of what you do. They generally fixed this in HG&SS, which is why I prefer them for Wifi battling.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I keep my cases as I think the artwork looks cool. And as Hiroshi Sotomura said, they are good for storing other games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I keep all of my DS game cases, even the ones that I've already sold back to GameStop, lol.

In fact I usually carry my Platinum case with me and switch between Platinum and Soul Silver by putting whichever one I'm not playing in the case.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Of course I'd keep the cases. I think they look nice, and I don't have anywhere else to put my games when I'm done playing with them. I don't have an official pearl case since I bought it used, but the used Platinum game I bought came with the case. :D

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I always keep the boxes for my ds games, even for most of my gbc/gba games. I'm actually very OCD about having the cases to my games and I always go for the game with the proper case over the caseless one. And I'm with you about gamestop. Screw them and their obsessive use of stickers! First they were on the outside and you peel them off and they have all sorts of sticker residue and now they just put it over the paper inlay. Coz that's way better and not a total eyesore and impossible to get off without ripping the paper. I bought a gba game with so many stickers it couldn't fit into the game slot without peeling all the stickers off, and when I did it got stuck in the slot coz of the sticker residue. WTF.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^^ I still can't get the sticker off of my Diamond case. If I try then it will just make it look even worse, lol. I'm surprised w/ you and the GBA games though..the stickers on those usually came off easily for me. Though I imagine getting the stickers off of a GBA game that came w/ the case would be even harder since those cases weren't made out of plastic.

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • I keep my boxes :D though i bout platinum used and it had that crappy used case that isnt actually the real cover art, but then i talked the guy at blockbuster into letting me have their platinum case cover and bam! no more crappy game case :D

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    lol i keep them til i forget bout them& toss it :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • OMG I generally keep every video game/system case. Then, I align them on my shelf and it just looks wicked. However, I don't keep the games in the cases, strangely enough.
    Same here. :s I keep all my game cases on display on a shelf, but the games I play regularly/like are all in a carrying case for easier access.

But agree with Jake--why would you throw out DS cases? They're well-made and actually decent. Though if you do want them, I think people sell just the case on eBay quite commonly.

Back