• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Keep Your Starter Pokemon??

Do you keep your starter in your team??

• Yes

Votes: 449 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 90 16.7%

• Total voters

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I think I'm definitely gonna keep my Typhlosion...I'm extremely picky when it comes to fire types but he's easily one of my favourites :]

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I can never bring myself to get rid of my starter Pokémon. I'm too attached to them. I don't know why but I end up feeling really close to it so I feel bad leaving it in the PC.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Why of course my dear :] the gameplay wouldnt be the same without my starter. Hmm, but maybe I should try playing without my starter, just for the fun of it xD

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    I can't say I always keep my starter because in the last month or two I've been restarting my HeartGold and trading from other games to make my own starting team that I use throughout the whole game. I currently have a mixed team but for my last restart I used all Dragon-types throughout the game.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Yes, because I never got a chance to use the Johto starters before....Never played the original GBC games...

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    I can't remember a time where I didn't use my starter, in any of the games. But both times I've played through HeartGold, I've used my starter as part of my main team. The first time, she was a Feraligatr whom I traded to my Platinum before I restarted my file (I still have her), and this time around I did a Typhlosion solo. So yes, I have used my starters both times in HG/SS, and in every other game for that matter.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I always use them. In HGSS, I even use my Typhlosion (Quil) for Wi-Fi battles and such. And I trained it one week ago to level 100 <3

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I rarely remove them.

When I first played through Red, I also didn't train any other Pokémon but my Charmander -> Charizard. First two gyms were a grind-fest. I know I already had a Charizard when I won against Misty.

I even keep the water starter as an HM slave when I do a Monotype Challenge ^^

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    I used to keep my starter Pokemon with me when I was younger, like when I played the Yellow, Silver and Crystal versions, I think Ruby version too, but now in the DS versions (Platinum and SoulSilver) I just want to have different Pokemon in my team, it's getting old to have the same types of Pokemon as a starter to me, so I choose my own starter. (IE an Abra, Eevee and even a Porygon once).

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
    I used to but I'm getting tired of it now. I've been playing Pokemon for like 10 years now? It's getting old.

I restarted Pearl and I just beat the second gym with only a Drifloon.
    And I restarted my finished Heart Gold game and I'm going to just using a random Pokemon I find.

Years
    Yes always - it would feel so weird putting it in the PC even for a second, never mind permanently!! :D Luckily there's at least one starter in each Gen that I love, so it's not a problem for me :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    I got and used for a while all 3 of the starters but now the only one that i use is my lvl 75 Typhlosion just because he dominates everyone

Back