• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you know all Pokemon's names?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    During the GenI and GenII era, I was able to associate every pokemon with their national dex number and cry. Nowadays, I can't remember Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon by their dex numbers, but I can still name any pokemon if you show me a picture of it first. :D

...I'm a nerd like that. -.-

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    I could name all of them from the top of my head, but I could never tell Gen1 from their cries...I swear Vileplume and Aerodactyl sound exactly the same. Anyway, a challenge is remembering them all in Dex order!!!

Father Ash

Born from the fire.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I can name almost every pokemon without reference. All of them from a picture. A lot less if it's from a cry. I rarely play with any sound.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yeah but .... I also know most cries but not th dex order .
    Also , Omanyte's cry aint the same as Machop's ?
    And at starters , most of their cries (mostly Torchic family ) have same cries , actually just a varation of em ! Watcha think ??

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I reckon I could list about 98% of them without prompt. I know I'd forget some of the more forgettable ones - Quilfish, Grumpig, Snubull etc.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I know every single one of them. But I'm not too good with remembering their numbers in the National Dex....

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    If someone shows me a picture of a Pokemon, I can name it and say what type it is, and roughly how it evolves. However, I only know the dex numbers up to 260 or so. And I'm also good with spelling their names, but not pronunciation... I run into a few issues with that.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i could probably remember most of the sinnoh/johto pokemon.
    the hoenn/kanto pokemon, i couldn't care less about. :|

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I know all of them and know how to spell all of them. :<

I can't just name all of them off the top of my head though, but if you show me a picture, I'll know. XD

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    If you show me a picture, I'll be able to give you the name and spelling easy, but I have oodles of trouble with numbers and cries. Did anyone else notice Chansey's cry= Pidgeot's? Or Charizard's is the same as Rhyhorn's? Those are the only plain ones I can place easily, as there's more than one answer. =X

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I can proudly say that I know probably every single name... if shown pictures of all of them. Highly doubt I could remember all 493 Pokemon in my head.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I know all their names, yes. However, there was a time when I looked at the Sinnohdex and went "There's no way I'll ever care enough to remember all these.." xD; guess I spoke too soon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I do know every name. I dont think there are enough for me not to yet. I know Pokemon more than I know mathematics. Thats terrible I know.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Yeah i can get all 493 it is easy i dont have a clue about there vrys i only know that charizard and ryhorn is the same cry lol

Back