• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Pikachu?

Do you like Pikachu?

• I love him!

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • He's alright...

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • I Hate the little yellow thing! >:3

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    Although I don't specifically Hate any Pokemon, Pikachu is on the least likeable with Luvdisc.x3

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Probably Pika won't let Max evolve it, and he'll keep Pika the same. The same result will happen if Pikachu was Brock's, Dawn's or May's. Pikachu doesn't want to evovle beacuse it wants to prove a Pikachu can be a very powerful Pokemon !

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    the ash part is good, but pikachu made me hate him, and ALMOST made me stop watching the animes. and 2 answer ur question, his pikachu evolving would NESSISARLY b the end of the anime, ya no. i think they should make a seperate anime were the main charactor is a girl and starts out w/ eevee or clefairy. ne1 agree w/ me?

IM THE QUOTE MASTER! peace out, dawgs! <3

No, you aren't. The Quote Master is somebody much older then you are who reviews fanfics on occasion. You aren't worthy to learn his name. *Snerk*

Yes, Raichuchika, we have established the fact that you hate Pikachu. *sighs* Really, people, do you have to bad-mouth him just because you don't like him?

Pikachu evolving wouldn't necessarily end the anime, but it would be a major blow to it. If Pikachu, somebody who is just as much a main character as Ash is, were to be cut out of the show at this point it would change the entire direction of the series and the themes it embodies. The anime would no longer be "Pokemon" as we know it now. I say that if we're going to do that, let's just make a spin-off series with a completely different main character and end it there. Ash and Pikachu are going to be around for a while, and like it or not, there's nothing we can do about it.

Dawnfanboy, I take it that you're one of those people who rants at Ash for the reason that you think he's some sort of idiot. He isn't. Ash is a stereotypic shonen hero, his main virtues being the value of friendship, courage, and a determination to win no matter what the odds. He's a stereotype, yes, but he's a time-honored one who often appears in shonen anime. (Naruto and Dragon Ball immediately spring to mind). With that in mind, there's no reason why he shouldn't "deserve" Pikachu. And Ash and Pikachu are best friends at this point. If Pikachu ended up with another character for an extended period, he'd tolerate it but given the choice he'd always return to Ash. (Let's not forget about Viridian Forest)

I'm going to say it once: I like Pikachu because to me he represents innocence, but also a determination to fight for those around him's safety. He's a strong, very vivid character and, let's face it, he's cute as the dickens.

And you all who hate him do so why? Because he's marketable? Because Raichu looks cooler? Because he won't evolve? Blame that on the writing staff, not the character! Pikachu is innocent of all wrongdoing in these circumstances. So other Pokemon are cooler. BIG DEAL. Just because you like Raichu better doesn't mean that Pikachu is automatically the antichrist.

Okay, I think I'm done ranting now.

Edit: And to all you people who've made obscene and/or offensive statements thus far in this thread which nobody really needs to be filling their minds with: Get your heads out of the gutter.

Years
    No, you aren't. The Quote Master is somebody much older then you are who reviews fanfics on occasion. You aren't worthy to learn his name. *Snerk*

Yes, Raichuchika, we have established the fact that you hate Pikachu. *sighs* Really, people, do you have to bad-mouth him just because you don't like him?

Pikachu evolving wouldn't necessarily end the anime, but it would be a major blow to it. If Pikachu, somebody who is just as much a main character as Ash is, were to be cut out of the show at this point it would change the entire direction of the series and the themes it embodies. The anime would no longer be "Pokemon" as we know it now. I say that if we're going to do that, let's just make a spin-off series with a completely different main character and end it there. Ash and Pikachu are going to be around for a while, and like it or not, there's nothing we can do about it.

Dawnfanboy, I take it that you're one of those people who rants at Ash for the reason that you think he's some sort of idiot. He isn't. Ash is a stereotypic shonen hero, his main virtues being the value of friendship, courage, and a determination to win no matter what the odds. He's a stereotype, yes, but he's a time-honored one who often appears in shonen anime. (Naruto and Dragon Ball immediately spring to mind). With that in mind, there's no reason why he shouldn't "deserve" Pikachu. And Ash and Pikachu are best friends at this point. If Pikachu ended up with another character for an extended period, he'd tolerate it but given the choice he'd always return to Ash. (Let's not forget about Viridian Forest)

I'm going to say it once: I like Pikachu because to me he represents innocence, but also a determination to fight for those around him's safety. He's a strong, very vivid character and, let's face it, he's cute as the dickens.

And you all who hate him do so why? Because he's marketable? Because Raichu looks cooler? Because he won't evolve? Blame that on the writing staff, not the character! Pikachu is innocent of all wrongdoing in these circumstances. So other Pokemon are cooler. BIG DEAL. Just because you like Raichu better doesn't mean that Pikachu is automatically the antichrist.

Okay, I think I'm done ranting now.

Edit: And to all you people who've made obscene and/or offensive statements thus far in this thread which nobody really needs to be filling their minds with: Get your heads out of the gutter.

u make me want 2 cry. :*( neway, the answer 2 the question is still no. but u have a point art critic cubone. it is the riting pple. now i hate them 4 evur creating ash in the 1st place! but still, u make me want 2 cry.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    The anime could exist. They kill off this story after sinnoh and make a new more mature with a plot(by they I mean nintendo)Will they make money? HELL YES.

Maybe if they based the anime off the manga, it would definately be the cooliest. I mean come on, in the manga Lance destroys Vermillion with a hyper beam in front of everyone and walks off. How cool is that?!

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    Pikachu is Awesome! I voted on "He's alright..." cuz I'm not that obsessed with that little pkmn but I am just a fan I guess

Years
    tsk tsk tsk... have ur own opinion i guess.

I HATE PIKACHU! RAICHU OWNZ U! in fact, in my fire red i occiosionally go 2 the power plant armed w/ thunderstones and leave with none. this is quite an enjoyable experience 4 my charizard, flame, and me. im trying 2 get all the pikachus in the pokemon world 2 evovle. i no i never will but oh well its worth a shot.

Kyaru-san

Mysterious Trainer
    Years
    Well Like I said Pikachu is too Overrated and Tiresome, well Ash's Pikachu. But If Pikachu ever thinking about evolving;
    1.) That will make my day Because Raichu is My #1 favorite pokemon of the whole pokemon world
    2.) At last, we can see the new impression of Team Rocket faces..
    3.) FINALLY PIKACHU EVOLVED!!

Thank You

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    I know I said "I'm only going to say it once", but that was on my reasons for loving Pikachu. Raichuchika, it's ironic that I make you want to cry, because your senseless bashing of Pikachu without justification makes me want to scream. Why does Pikachu "suck"? Do you like Raichu better? Really, that doesn't mean you need to hate Pikachu. The question isn't "which is better" or "do you like Raichu", it's "Do you like Pikachu?" (And for the love of all that is crunchy and tastes good with ketchup, do yourself a favor and use some proper grammar. I can't take you seriously if you keep typing in chatspeak like you are right now.)

Come on, people, give it a rest. (Brocklee, for the record I don't want them to replace the current anime but I'd definitely enjoy a spin-off series that takes a darker tone. A Pokemon Adventures based anime would probably be quite enjoyable.)

I don't hate Pikachu for being marketable, I hate Nintendo for over-marketing him. He's not useful as a competitive Pokemon, he's not the cutest being in existence anymore, he's not even the only Pokemon that travels outside of its Pokeball at this point in the series, but he is a very interesting character, and one that I would probably stop watching the show without.

For the record? I've always evolved my in-game Pikachu, but I've never really liked Raichu all that much. I don't know why, I just think that it doesn't have as much personality as Pikachu does. And you'll notice that in order for your Raichu to be any good, you have to wait until your Pikachu finishes learning a good few of its level-up moves before evolving. *snerk'd*

Sorry people, Pikachu ain't evolving. As long as the anime airs, he will continue to be a central character. Personally, I'd rather have him then a couple of other characters who've been making appearances in the show. (Cough, MAX, cough...)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Ehh...I'm a bit mixed on Pikachu. On one hand, I absolutely loathe its deus ex machina-ness in the anime, not to mention the way every clueless N00B out there is crazy about it (Because Ash has one and he aims for the horn HOMGHOMGHOMG!! =O) and it's consequently ridiculously overrated, but on the other...Red's Pikachu in the manga is awesome. (Plus, I like its design there better. It looks cuter that way, imo. :3) So...I'm an in-between guy. The way it's brandished in connection with anything and everything even vaguely related to pokémon sickens me, but I don't have the heart to completely detest the poor thing just because the morons in marketing and on the anime writing staff chose to make it the unofficial god of pokémon. So yeah. ^^ When it comes to battles, I prefer Raichu though. :3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Ehh...I'm a bit mixed on Pikachu. On one hand, I absolutely loathe its deus ex machina-ness in the anime, not to mention the way every clueless N00B out there is crazy about it (Because Ash has one and he aims for the horn HOMGHOMGHOMG!! =O) and it's consequently ridiculously overrated, but on the other...Red's Pikachu in the manga is awesome. (Plus, I like its design there better. It looks cuter that way, imo. :3) So...I'm an in-between guy. The way it's brandished in connection with anything and everything even vaguely related to pokémon sickens me, but I don't have the heart to completely detest the poor thing just because the morons in marketing and on the anime writing staff chose to make it the unofficial god of pokémon. So yeah. ^^ When it comes to battles, I prefer Raichu though. :3

Blame that on Ash. He's the one pulling the Deus Ex Machina with the poor bugger. And yes, Pika is awesome, even if his nickname is generic. Finally, someone remembers that Ash isn't the only main character to use Pikachu. And not every clueless n00b is crazy about Pikachu. I know of at least one or two who hate it. I really don't understand people who say they don't like Pikachu just because it's marketable. For me, I'd say that's a plus. Sure, it doesn't mean that I'm going to be the only one liking it but I'm not out there for that. Officially, I never use any Pikachu evolutions or Pikachu itself in competitive battling. (Okay, so I had one on a joke Ash team for Netbattle once, but that isn't the point.) Why? As far as it goes, there are better choices out there for the OU metagame. I like Pikachu because he's an interesting character, and even if he's Dea Ex Machina'd that doesn't mean that his character itself is a problem. (His powers, on the other hand, are broken. And in all fairness, "Aim for the Horn" is pretty much a thing of the past.)

Years
    Pikachu can just die for all I care. Nintendo loves overmarketing the stupid, yellow........thingy. And it's really annoying that they like to come out with Pikachu wannabees in just about EVERY passing generation.

Pikachu has had his time in the spotlight for too long. Now they need to come out with a new mascot like...Wingull or Glameow. Those Pokemon deserve attention too!

Last edited:
    Years
    Pikachu was my favourite pokemon when the whole pokemon-mania has started. Now I don't like him much. Of course, Pikachu is alright, but not my favourite monster anymore.

Back