• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like the new concept of two protagonists or not in Pokemon Journeys

Sakib Anam

Hi, I am Sakib Anam
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2022
    Hello, I have a question.
    Do you like the concept of two protagonists in the new Pokemon series (Pokemon Journeys)

For me...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

NearAutomas

Acoustic Wonderbag
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    At first I did like the idea; it was interesting, a friendship similar to that of Gon and Killua and I'm really a fan when it comes to those kinds of dynamics. But as I watched more episodes Goh becomes somewhat unlikable, I personally don't mind the focus being shifted to someone other than Ash (it's actually a bit refreshing), but the problem for me is that Goh's progression seems very fast, not to mention the whole team rocket thing, I've also seen some other criticism like how he doesn't treat the pokemon he caught like friends which is fair but really hard to do since it's unrealistic to befriend all pokemon, in game you could just mindlessly catch em' all but games are a different medium.

I guess I don't like Goh that much as suppose to the concept of two protagonists, I think it could work. Just the handling of his character was pretty bad. I do want to hear anyone who does like Goh, interested in hearing someone's perspective on that.

Years
  • Nah, Dawn was arguably treated as the second protag in DP.

Goh is defs a spotlight stealer sometimes, but I argue his dynamic give the series life; the other series (Sun/Moon aside) put much less emphasis on the human lives of our protags; Goh has a background with a lot of freedom to be whatever, so he ends up being the biggest source of the slice of life that Journeys gives us.

Back