• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do you like to give nicks to your pokemon? Where to you get brainwaves for nicks?

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2008
    i hate nick naming pokemon it takes there uniqueness away.its silly to and just gets annoying and confusing .
    i NEVERnickname Pokemon cause i love the names they have already.

nice thread idea though.:)

Kurokaze

Lucario fangirl
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2008
    I always name the pokemon I'm going to be using in my team. It gives them a bit of personality and means I don't have to think of them as their species name...which just seems weird to me.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Uhh. I use to nickname pokemon but they were common names that you'd see everywhere, so I don't really care for those.

I did start nicknaming my pokemon in PMD again, though, because in a pokemon society like that... I really doubt that all call each other by their species name.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate if if they're not named.

Ummm...some are just people names, some come off the Pokemon's name. And some I make up...such as three of these female Swampert: Tamerille, Awearille, and Mahrerille.

I'd like to see you pronounce them correctly. Heh.

Back