• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think event Pokemon make the game too easy in some aspects?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Both (reply to thread...)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    So I've been playing Heartgold for a little while now and I've gotten 5 badges so far. However I am using some event Pokemon... I am thinking about restarting my game (but I am not sure I want to) because the event Pokemon make it way to easy :(

So do you think event Pokemon make the game too easy in some aspects?

Years
  • Legendaries and/or event Pokemon make the game easy when you're using them to battle. It doesnt just have to be the ones from events.

But from the angle of "catchin' them all" it makes it harder I think. I hate the idea that not even all the Pokemon are available to you within a game. Sure the more dedicated players can get all the event Pokemon, but some people cannot.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Agreed with Katie; it's legendaries, not events. To be honest, I don't think there's such a thing as "too easy" when you can choose your difficulty. If you want it easy, then it's not too easy. Play how you want. If you want to be challenged, be challenged. If not, use legendaries.

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    ^^Well ya it annoys me that some Pokemon cannot be gotten (unless you have to move somewhere - a long distance that has lol).

Even though the event Pokemon are really cool they are ridiculously overpowered. Granted I don't have to use them but when I get annoyed with one of the gym leaders I am tempted to use Jirachi (lv. 36) and kill them off with Draco Meteor...

EDIT: I also have a few lv. 30 and 50 Pokemon in the PC but I don't want to use them until I get Skitty to at least lv. 30-40 (shes at 22)

EDIT 2:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Spike Ear'd Pichu didn't make my game any easier XD

It depends on the Pokemon. Like the Special Ash's Pikachu and Cilan's Pansage/Iris' Axew/Ash's Pidove events weren't game breaking either.

If you mean Legends, then its just the legends' fault as they are some of the most OP things for in game use which is why i never use them.

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    ^Well not all of the event Pokemon help but a lot of them do in some way.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • They help, but what's the problem with that? If you think they make it too easy, no one forces you to use them. And the same applies with legendaries. And if you like using them or want to use them, go ahead. Don't let someone tell you "hurrrrr ur makin da gaem 2 ez u chetare!!1" It's in-game, so who cares? Use whatever.

But back on track, I used the Liberty Island Victini and although it helped, it didn't make the game like super easy or anything. It felt normal to me. Maybe if it was V-Create Victini I would have been overpowered, but eh. Besides, I love Victini and was dying to use it. I could care less if someone told me that using events or legendaries made me a bad trainer. Shame on them.

Also, I think using them is better than letting them rot in the PC forever and ever.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    Only some make your game easier like an event Mewtwo or Darkrai for example. However some like surfing Pikachu and Manaphy don't hold their battles too hot.

It depends on which one you have and you don't have to restart when you're already so far just deposit the Pokemon and catch normal ones

Years
  • I tend not to use any event Pokemon or legendaries throughout the story. Mainly because it may make things easier, but I also like collecting them and keeping them clean.

I would understand if your event Pokemon has somehow started at a low level though, but I obviously don't think it should be used if you're powering through every trainer and gym with level 70's+ at an early part of the game.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Basic event Pokemon aren't broken at all. Most just come with Egg moves and a good nature or maybe one move (like Raikou with Aura Sphere) that they usually do not have.

Legendaries...well I never use legendaries; event or not. So I can't really speak there.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • It seems like they could make the game easier if the person wanted them to, but like others said it's up to the person. Using super effectives seems like an easy route also, but Pokemon is heavily focused on using what you have to your advantage to win (the game even encourages it by offering players tips to exploit weaknesses).

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2022
    If the event Pokemon is like a Level 100 Arceus, then I think that it would make it a lot easier.

Red99

World Champion
    Years
  • I generally only use events or legends when I really have to, like when I can't beat the elite 4, and I have to raise my regular pokemon by 10 levels. Aside from that, I only use regular pokemon, or starters because of the friendship level which (somehow) affects whether my pokemon are effected by confusion or paralyzes.

Back