• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do you think FR/LG beat the classics?

Years
  • Why do people hate FR/LG? Its pretty much R/B but with upgraded graphics and more features.
    More like Hoenn graphics and Hoenn features. :/ *shot*

I just think it could've been better. The game was already made for them (they didn't have to develop a new story line, region, or new pokemon), so I think there should have been way more extra features. I mean, look how much stuff they've added to HGSS, THAT is a good remake.

And then, the little things, like moving Moltres to One Island....*facepalm*

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
    Years
  • FR/LG was a very fun game in my opinion,with the graphics,new features,and I even liked the Sevii Islands,but RBY was the game that made me a Pokemon Fanatic,so Yes and no.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Instead of comparing the two side by side, I'm going to compare them with the initial reaction playing them.

Red was my very first, and probably the game I enjoyed the most. Every single thing I did was new to me, and I was so excited every time I saw a new creature.'

FireRed/LeafGreen was a remake, thus didn't have that same excitement R/B did. Because of that, R/B wins in my book.

Green20

Nomad
    Years
  • I will always love R/B/Y but I have to admit that FR/LG improved a lot. Like the VS seeker, and the music was better especially while battling your rival

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Well, to be fair, i did really like the new graphics and the awesome looking sprites. R/B/Y didn't help them selves with the awful looking sprites.

But its original, it will be interesting to see if HG/SS are better then G/S

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Never!!! I hate the sevii islands, and also they fixed all the glitches and battle mechanics! RBY will never be beat.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I actually love the sevii islands, they were really fun, the thing i remember most about the islands is when you arrive on one island theres all does bikers :D

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • Well, considering it's exactly the same game just updated, plus extra areas, I'm gonna have to say yes to them beating the classic's.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • It's a great game, I loved it. I used to play it [FONT=&quot]Compulsively and I always used to trade with my friend who had Ruby. It didn't beat the original for me though.

But I already played through Kanto before in Blue and again when I got Gold, Silver and Crystal so it didn't have the same wow factor as it did for me when I was younger.
    They didn't beat the originals for me, but it was good to have Kanto updated.
    [/FONT]

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • The remakes do not beat the classics and never will imo.
    RGBY was the first generation, the very first games, the beginning of the wonderful franchise known as Pokemon.

The days you stayed up way past your bed time as a child or teenager playing Red or Blue version on your Gameboy. Though you had a light on that could potentially get you in trouble you were too indulged in your game to be concerned. When you captured Pokemon that you liked, not for their strengths or defenses. When IVs and EVs didn't matter, and Natures weren't even a thought. Before hacking was even acknowledged and fun little glitches were all you knew. Spending hours training your Pokemon just to beat one Gym Leader. When every time you walked into a pixely gym your heart would pound against your chest.
    Getting fired up every time your eyes made contact with your rival's name.. feeling so ready to prove him wrong and totally wipe the floor with him. The times when challenging Gym Leaders wasn't a chore but was.. dare I say it.. fun. Being so overwhelmed with pride when, after days of training and re-challenging, you finally defeated the Elite Four ; and of course rubbing it in your rival's face that you are stronger than him.

Sure, it's graphics and music don't compare with FRLG, but the originals have something the remakes can never outmatch or hope to replace..
    Memories.

This. When I played Red for the first time I remember never wanting to stop. All those batteries I went through just to play this damn game. I don't really judge stuff by nostalgia but... Come on, this is where it all began... Pokemon Red WAS my childhood. Fire Red didn't really re-light that flame (no pun intended) I had playing the original. Although I think it's great they re-made the games to give the newer generation or Pokemon players a chance to experience what we once had. So I respect the games, I just didn't enjoy them.

Back