• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Missingno. should be a real Pokemon?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I'd be inclined to agree with Kelsey.

Really, it didn't have a definitive "body" it was just, well, a garbled image. Nothing to me seems like it should or was a real pok?mon.

Just a glitch.

Years
    Well...I got a mixed feeling for this little problem. I mean Missingno is in practically all of the GB/GBA games, but, wouldnt you guys think that after the first time they would take Missingno out. So..I'd say yea because he doesnt know that many attacks

Water Gun, Sky Attack, Tackle...That's pretty much it

So..Glitch or not it's been in enough games to count as a pokemon

Years
    Shinin said:
    No. And it's not a glitch, the way of finding it is. At least it is in R/B/G, which have the actual Missingno. It was a leftover removed pokemon.

It is a glitch. There's a thread about on this forum. After reading it, I can't call Missingno anything else than a glitch.

Years
    Well, however Missingo IS a glitch... It would be interesting, if it could be a pok?mon. It's very mysterious one, it could still be like a.. glitch in the universume? Small mistakes can be pretty interesting, specially glitches. And it's been a glitch wich is up really much.. If they do next serie, I wouldn't mind if Missingno could be one 'Missing glitch.' Even that name sounds so cool, however it has a meaning. :3

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years

As I understand it, Missingno was a test pokemon used for testing tweaks to the battle system, and was never suppose to appear in the acual game. So even though he is programed as a pokemon, I vote no since he is just test dummy that someone didn't delete. (though the old duplicate master balls glitch was awsome. XD)

Years
    Tch, no, really now, Missingno. wasn't even intnded ta exist, lol yar all lucky the programmers even gave it a name!
    ...but if ya really must know it exists in the pkmn game that I'm making! XD

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I thing Missingno. should be a Pokemon. I once saw this picture of this weird bird Pokemon I think it was on Serebiiforums or something and quite a few people thought it could be Missingno. I like the idea. I also liked that pic and forgot to save it *wishes she had saved the bird "Pokemon" pic*

BlackCharizard

Black Charizard
    Years
    NO! BIG FAT NO! MissingNo. is not a glitch! Only his APPEARANCE is a glitch! Missnigno is in every game (Im pretty sure there's one in FR/LG) What he is very confusing. He nhold together most of the games HEX codes and stuff, thats why when he appears the game takes a few secondsz to load cause itsz not programed for the event to occur, but anyway it finally loads with glitch looking blocks that look like a bunch of jumbled stuff. Ever notice how missingno always looks the same? that's cause, depedning on your game data fgrom the start missingno looks one way and thats it for your game. Also Missingno sometimes looks different. He takes the forms of the ghost form lavander tower, the kabutops fossil in the pewtewr museum, and he takes form of the aerodactly fossil in the museum. The ways he looks like this is caused by your name. The reason most people havent found these different missino forms is because of this:
    It depends on the odd letters. What i mean is the first, third, fifth, and seventh.
    I dont remember exactly which ones they are, but the letters are X, Y, and Z.
    so if your name is Xander, or Gaz then you'll get one of those different types. Im not sure if its always that type or if only sometimes, but i do know that what i have written is true. Just try it. And i'v also wondered what if your name was something like ZaYnbeX. Then wpould u be able to get all the types, none, or would ur game be unusually glitched. Anyway, it might be cool to try and if u do tell me what happens, 'cause ive never tried that. Aso, it would be really cool if someone searched for the missingno in the G/S/C games and FR/LG.
    Oh BTW, the last missingno thing is the one in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. He is in there and people inluding me, have it. No TRUE in game method is known, but therwe are gameshark codes for it. I did it cause i wanted to see. He is 2 blocky question marks. He has no special effect, and only learns tackle. His pokedex data comes up after u catch him, but its all glitched writting. Then there's that target looking one that looks like the qyestion mark in ur pokedex when u hzavent seen a certain pokemon. My friend used the code in his game and got that, u can cath him, and pokedex data is REAL!! It says......well, let me just show u a picture of him:
    When u catch him becomes a "Bad Egg"

WARNING!!: If u ever get a BAD EGG, release it and never hatch it. It will screw up your game and most likely delete it.

Oh and dont forget about the double question mark guy. I made a crad a while back with his image. DO NOT RATE THE CARD. Its only here you can see the image here it is:

Thanks for reading. Hope i cleared up most of what missingno is.

Woooo... My finger are about to fall off!

Years
    Tch. Missingno. also unlocks other pkmn on Cinnabar b/c when you talk to the old man in order for his name to be Old Man in the Weedle battle your name is stored in the wild pkmn list for backup and replaced with Old Man, then the name is taken from that list back and into the "YourName" variable! If you don't believe simply add a trainer value to the code 01xxd8cf in R/B(some higher values do that) and go to the Old Man, after he fails 2 capture the trainer's poke you'll see that your name becomes Old Man b/c the procedure is not completed successfully! That's why different names generate different pokes, and if I remember right the odd letters in your name(1st,3rd etc.) generate the pokes and the even ones give them their levels.

Years
    Tch. Don't mention it. ^_^
    ...I'm still angry with how after all these years ppl STILL don't know Missingno. an' say silly stuff... an' yesh, Missingno. is in all the pkmn games -- it is pkmn #000, even if it's name ISN'T Missingno. an' it's "??????????" ...btw that "??????????" pkmn is now on my Silver cartridge instead of the pkmn that the trainer in Viridian City is supposed to have... o.0 Maybe the cart's database got damaged or something... o.0 Well if I beat him the game halts, but if I lose it adds to my Pok?Dex seen pkmn o.0 ...wierd...

Years
    treko99 said:
    MISSINGO MIGHT HAVE SUPOSED BEEN Lugia the orinal name for flying was bird. missingo is also two waterguns. maybe pokemon were orinaly ment to be able to learn more than one of the same move. this is another way to get missingo i bet you all know the mew glicth well after you fly away from the gambler go to the pokemon tower in fight one the possed people and return were you fought the gamler in the sreen should go blank for a mintue the you will se missing in then your frezze up .but it is possible to catch it 25% chance then you catch it you will see alot of you catch it use fly to get out of there.missingo will be named super repel. miss/in/go is a warning.
    ...I refuse to go into anymore useless disputes...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Then dont.

As for my response to the original question, NO. We don't need a Neo in Pokemon, and that is what Missing No is.

Think about it. You catch one, get to the end, start losing, and suddenly get covered in a golden aura as someone on the sidelines whispers, 'He is the One...'.

No thank you.

Years
    ohmigosh, Yes! that would be soo funny! XD I can see it now, on the cover of diamond and pearl...*laughs* If it was, I would think it would've came out like...in Ruby and Sapphire or something. They should make plushies of it! That would be awesome. maybe the missingno is like a mutated form of some pok?mon or something..hm...

Spencer Ketchum

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I don't think it should be a pokemon because like other ppl have been saying its a glitch and it can easily screw up your game. i know some of you would say it hasn't yet but i've seen the damage. My friend always had a missingno on his blue version and one time when he had just caught it, the screen went bazerk and his blue version was plain history. So i don't mind if you have missingno but Im just telling you to be careful.

Jolty-kun

Years
    No, ofcourse not, i dont know why people would select, yes oO; XD, its a glitch, it cant be a pokemon, itd just be.. stupid oo;, even though i think itd be good to let him make a return in diamond or pearl, just being like.. a thing stalking you XD

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I wouldn't mind it being a pokemon XD obviously if they made it a pokemon it would no longer be a deadly glitch X3
    They have some data-style pokemon, like porygon, a complete random barcode one would be quite funny to have XD

Back