• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think that Pokemon has Magic.

Do you think that Pokemon has Magic

• Yes

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Well my mum says that it does but i strongly oppose to that, so i think no!

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I think the powers Pokemon posses are not magical powers, but powers the Pokemon are born with.

It just looks like magical powers to us humans, since we cannot do what Pokemon can do, hence grouping it in the "magical powers" category.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    pokemon are magical beings thats why they are always being researched

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Meh, Pokemon is not magical to me. I believe they are physical creatures in their world of existence.
    Well, thats it. Even Ghastly and those "gas" Pokemon, they're physical because they have an animal-like form.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    maybe but not really nothing magical bout them but i don't disrespect you in anyway

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    I believe they are quite magical in some respects (as stated, psychic pokemon, a Starmie using Thunderbolt, I mean, WTF?). And I don't see anything wrong with them being magic either. Magical pokemon = not real = fake = make-believe = it can never happen. People need to open their eyes to see what the difference is between real and unreal or surreal. I mean really now. -_-

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I don't think they have magical powers but just powers, like a superhero has super powers.

Edit: I think Jirachi might have magical powers.

SleepyGomamon

I do NOT taste like ramen
    Years
    Anything that can't be explained by science can be labelled 'magical'. In the pokemon universe, I'm sure researchers probably have at least some explanation for pokemon related things that we don't. (After all, we can't exactly examine an Abra's brain to see what lets it teleport, but scientists in the pokemon world can.)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Some pokemon must use some sort of magic like Jirachi and Celibii. They seem to have tjat magical arua atound them.

Some just have strange ways where we think they are magical but Abra and the others psychic are just psychics like humans are.

Years
    But it's still fun to discuss =P

I don't think they are. All of their powers don't seem magical to me at all. It all seems explainable to me.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    But... come on! How can a Geodude use say Rock Throw in a gym with no rocks around? The rocks have to come from somehwere... Or how about Hyper Beam? How can you honestly explain how a pokemon can generate that much energy and power from seemingly nowhere? Also the endless stream of water that pours out of a Mudkip; how? Mudkip's teeny and the amount of water coming out of it is WAY more than its body size. It ain't sucking up that much water from the air around it or anything. Or how about how a Gengar using Shadow Ball? Shadow Ball's explainable?! Come on... I just don't think so.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    That's 'cause the Pokemon have physical adaptions to create their attacks. How do you know a Pokemon ain't throwing rocks from its body, or how do you know there's no organs in a Pokemon's mouth for Hyper Beam? Same goes for Mudkip.. well, when you teach it another attack that does not use the organ (eg. replacing Water Gun with uh.... Mud Slap), the organ goes to "sleep" until its waken up again probably.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I don't think they necessarily have magic powers or anything. ^^; They each have their own set of techniques and attacks to defend themselves - much like any living creature does. But I can't really think of any Pokemon that uses pure magic to attack and whatnot. X3

To use magic is to convert ones thought into reality, as one way to define it. So I guess Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam come to mind there. But they're more "psychics" than anything else. XD

~Kelsey

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    This is interesting. A magic type Pokemon would be very neat.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I consider Pokemon to be more of a science fiction-ish thing than actual magic. The legendaries may have some form of supernatural power, but I wouldn't nessacarily consider it "magic". And psychic pokemon have psychic powers.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    I suppose we need a proper definition of magic then. And who's to say that using Hyperbeam is from a specialized organ and not a conversion of thought? It's something that has never been properly discussed in the games/anime/manga. At least not to my knowledge. So all we can really do is speculate about possible explanations; and magic is one that seems just as likely as any other. I agree, there are some pokemon that could probably use their bodies to make their attacks. You have to admit though, some of the pokemon attacks just wouldn't be physically possible. XD

Back