• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you train your pokemon evenly?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I normally start out trying to train all six of them evenly, but eventually, I become biased towards a certain few members of the team, so by the Elite Four, I have about three or four awesome Pokémon. This ALWAYS happens in my GBA games. In Platinum, I think the same thing occurred, but my team is now pretty equal all around.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I usually travel with a team of five or six, and I try really hard to keep them reasonably level. Sometimes though, I need to level particular Pokémon in order to beat a gym leader, and then it really can't be helped.

Years
    I train my team evenly if I am taking the game seriously. For example, when I buy a new pokemon game, I am very thorough and I keep my team around the same level. However, if I'm just using the game to get a certain pokemon (i.e. rushing through Fire Red to get Mewtwo) then I usually end up with an unbalanced team, such as having a starter at LV 60 and the rest at LV 20~30.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    Sometimes, I just get an urge to train one pokemon and I kinda do that. but at the start of the games I always train them evenly

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Starter is always ahead. I'm trying not to do that anymore after playing through SoulSilver, though. It might've just been that the level problem was still at work there, but I don't think I need to scatter my levels like that anymore. But on my other games where I'm still scattered, they're usually all within at least 5 levels of each other. ex: Starter on 45, the others are in between 40-44.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I never keep them even. Like, in Diamond, my Machamp was Lv. 97, and the rest were like 35-45.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    yes i train my pokemon evenly from the very beginning. i would like train them to the 30's before my 1st gym. it gives a hugh upper hand when your pokemon is overleveled.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    i used to train them evenly i just go through the whole game until the elite 4 i even them

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
    I never train my pokemon evenly. In every pokemon game i start with a fire type pokemon then i train it to level 100, then i beat the pokemon league with that lv.100 pokemon with a zubat and hundreds of revives.

Dragard

Ghoul Soul
    Years
    I always train my Pokemon evenly. I one time tried training my Pokemon like the Elite Four have and stuff, 3 Pokemon are a certain level, 2 other Pokemon are a couple levels higher than those, and the main Pokemon which is even stronger than those 2, but that just didn't work for me =/

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I didn't train them evenly when I was younger, but now I always try to. I always make sure to keep them all around the same level if I plan out my team before hand as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Not really. Right now I'm training them one at a time to level 100. I'm trying to build a new team.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I always level my Pokemon up evenly. I try to keep my starter one level higher in the beginning, but after that, I just keep them within five levels of each other.

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    I do sort of I don't overpower my pokémon magmortar is currently stronger then everyone else

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I do, if you mean by training all your Pokemon. But, I train them in different EV's.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Well In yellow I tried to train all the pokemon I cauht evenly, and I was catching every pokemon that I didnt have! I got them all to level 20 (there was around 25) but I gave up and started to just evenly train my party, which I do in every game. It just got to be a little boring have to train ALL my pokemon not just my party!! lol

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I do it at deiffernent parts of the games. Say if i had 3 pokemon one grass, one poison and one water.

My next gym is Fire; I train my water pokemon till i beat him. Then i train the others to get to the same level so they still have a chance of winning through the game.

Back