• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you use the same team all the way through?

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I keep my starter ('cept in Yellow, where I'm forced to use Pika), and the rest of my team is generally built up around obtaining the Pokemon I'lll be using for the final battle and KO'ing anyone who stands in the way of that. As soon as I don't need someone, off to the PC with them!
    I'll raise up a brand-new team to run through the E4 a third or fourth time with, though. I try to use Pokemon I've never paid enough attention to for that.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I have a general idea of what my team will be when I start the game, following my traditional in-game team building formula of fire/water/grass/electric/flying/ground types. I generally catch the first pokemon I find that fall into their particular niche in that formula and run with it. The only times I swap a pokemon out midstream is when I catch them at around the same level as my main battling team anyways (like my Drapion in HeartGold that I caught at lv.44 in the Safari Zone while my main team was at lv.48-50)

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    I am forever changing my team around to make them the best and most efficient team possible when I go for specific badges. If I need to bring in a low level I drop it off at the Day Care to gain a certain amount of levels.

That woman is rich off of me. -__-

Since I don't use cheats/hacks it would be insane for me to build up non-effective Pokemon to a level where super-effective moves work like not-very-effective moves.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    My team in Yellow right now (doing a challenge) has been set since Lavender Town: Fighting, Grass, Ground, Fire, Psychic and Normal. No type advantage against Dragon, Psychic or Flying, but a solid Normal attack can take those out.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    do you ever get the urge to switch them up midway but then realize that all the other pokemon in your boxes are way too low level & it'd be a pain in the butt to try to level them up so you just stick with your same current team?
    I swear this happens to me in every game, word for word. Once I get an Exp. Share it's easy, but until then I'm just like "ugghh I don't want to level Shroomish sixteen times."
    In Platinum I'm pretty sure I just grabbed what I thought was cool and used those through the Elite Four, but I might have switched them out or caught something higher level. I do remember, though, that Cynthia's Garchomp gave me a headache so I ended up leveling a Gyarados to 55 from like, 20. It was worth it, though.

JFire

Quilava Lover
    Years
    I usually substitute 1 or 2 pokemon, but it depends on if I find something cool or not. :P

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    I get plenty of urges when im playing pokemon games (see what i did there?)
    but i have never had the urge to switch out my team because I gotz loyalty like tat
    unless its marowak, using bonerang is just too funny... IT HIT 5 TIMES! LOL

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    For all intents and purposes; yes. Although sometimes I may catch something early on and switch it for something more preferable, but this is usually within the first 2-4 gyms.

Back