• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you use Voice Chat?

Do you use Voice Chat?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I haven't used it by choice yet.... It was on by default during trading until i figured out how to turn it off. I've thought about using it a few times but haven't yet.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    I've made the mistake of leaving it on when I didn't know I left it on. NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sephychu

Moo.
    Years
    • :O
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    I don't mind using it with people I know, but other than that...it's a bit scary talking to someone you don't even know. O_O!

Years
  • I have had it on once or twice without knowing while trading/battling, like one time I was singing along to some soppy song by someone like Mariah Carey at the top of my voice. Oh the embarrassment! I since then have not encountered who ever it was had the pleasure of hearing it xD

splosh

Russian Reversaler
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Never tried it...basically EVERYONE in my Pal Pad is someone I met online so I'm a little cautious about using it.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • I have had it on once or twice without knowing while trading/battling, like one time I was singing along to some soppy song by someone like Mariah Carey at the top of my voice. Oh the embarrassment! I since then have not encountered who ever it was had the pleasure of hearing it xD

Lol!! Hey, I have a great idea! Why don't you and I do a trade sometime? XD jk

Anyways.

I used to be OK with voice chat with trades and I spoke to the person I was trading with OK. Then shortly afterwards I went through a phase of refusing to voice chat, and if the other person didn't turn it off I just turned the sound of my DS right down and hummed loudly. Now I'm alright with it though XD Come to think of it, I like talking to people with different accents =P

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • Yeah sometimes...
    Makes me practice english talking since I don't really have any occasions to do so...
    Even watching movies in english and reading/writing doesn't help with the spontaneity of real talking ;)

Years
  • Lol!! Hey, I have a great idea! Why don't you and I do a trade sometime? XD jk

Anyways.

I used to be OK with voice chat with trades and I spoke to the person I was trading with OK. Then shortly afterwards I went through a phase of refusing to voice chat, and if the other person didn't turn it off I just turned the sound of my DS right down and hummed loudly. Now I'm alright with it though XD Come to think of it, I like talking to people with different accents =P

Haha I wouldn't mind =P Any particular request?

To be honest I've only ever spoken to one person (knowingly xD) with Voice Chat and that was the very first person I ever went on wifi to trade with. Just some random decent guy from America. I'm quite a shy person but as long as I knew the person I was chatting to was nice and easy to talk to then I would. I just tend to sit in silence. Though I know someone once heard me talking to my friend on the phone because when I finished talking to him I could faintly hear the kid on Voice Chat shouting at me asking what the heck I was talking about Rofl.

Years
  • Lol!! Hey, I have a great idea! Why don't you and I do a trade sometime? XD jk

Anyways.

Hmmm, maybe i should chat with you next time i have a trade for you :)

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Well, I don't have wi-fi, but I will have it next week. I'm actually looking forward to speak with people, since it would be such an excellent language training (English is not my native language)

I don't see why people get scared of talking to someone you don't know. It's not like the other person is going to track you down with your voice and kill you. I would feel ashamed because of my ugly voice, and/or the other persons thinks I speak horrible the language, bur meh! That doesn't bother me :P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It messes up my connection, puts too much pressure on my tiny, glued together ds lol
    :)

Back