• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want new types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
Years
  • With B/W out it was revealed that there are no new types. Was anyone disappointed? Personally, I didn't really care.

Post Away,
    Dark Piplup:)

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    wasn't expecting anything, i'd be cool if they did though, like light or something...

whispershadows

Dark eyes become divine
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 24, 2012
    I really don't see why you should complain. Think of all the other things they gave us :/

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • It is good imo that there are no new types. People were expecting a Light type, thank God that didn't happen.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i would have been disappointed if there were new types. what we have now are perfect no need to add more

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Didn't expect any, and if there were it would have been weird. We have enough types already, no need for more. All Nintendo can do now is combine more types because there are so many possibilities.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am perfectly happy with no new types. They wanted to stay with the roots or go back to them with Black and White, so making a new type or types would not be the way to go. Then again they did introduce Triple/Rotation battles. I am in different when it comes to new types, as it stands we are perfectly fine with what we got, so why change it. Then after Generations in the distant future it may be nice for a change up, like new types.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I'm happy with the types we have now to be honest. Light Pokemon would be silly, as the psychic type is the opposite of the dark type.

Wait... what about a plastic type? Pwahahaha.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Meh, I'd too lazy to learn the new typings and advantages. I already have it down enough and know how to balance teams and stuff. A new type would make me have to not be lazy.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I'm open for new typing but I'm more interested in expanding Eevee's evolution tree to include more types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Moved to Pokemon General, since it's referring to whether you want new types in general or not, rather than specifically about B/W's typings. And there was no active one I could see, so if there is, I must be blind.

As for me, I don't want any new types in Pokemon. :x I think what we've got is good enough to last til the end of Pokemon.

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
  • It would be a bit silly to introduce a new type, would it not?

It would mean some old pokemon gain a new type, and only a handfull of pokemon would have been spefically the new type. Not to mention it would be competing with allready existing types (such as Ice or Dragon), who do not have a very big roster to begin with, potentially cutting in to there numbers in order to make room for these few new type pokemon.

Finally, there's like what, 12 types allready? I think that's enough.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I know people have been pining for ages for a Light type to go alongside Dark--it had some really heated debates in BW for a while, at the very least--but I don't want new types at all. I think it would just confuse things and there isn't really a need for it, nor can I come up with any reasonable elements that need representation.

But mostly I'm just too lazy to memorize a new typechart--I barely have the current one in my head as it is. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back