• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Soul/Kotone in the HGSS arc?

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Just curious.
    If the HGSS arc starts, would you want to see Kotone or whatever she's called nowadays in there?

I personally wouldn't mind if they do. But if they don't, that's okay also.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
    My answer: Yes and No. I want Kotone to be in HGSS arc, but I don't want a whole new Kotone, I want Crystal to be Kotone since their hair style almost the same.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    I want Crystal to be Kotone since their hair style almost the same.

Stupid reason to unify two characters.

Especially that they have two remotely different dressing tastes. Crystal in Kotone's tasteless clothes? God, no!

I want Kotone to be a new character. I want her to appear side-to-side with Kris to show the world that the two aren't the same.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    100% with Maxim on this one. I don't get why people think Kotone is a redesigned Kris personally, the differences in Gold and Red are as plain as day, but atleast they look mostly the same colour and costume wise. There's about as much similarity with Kotone and Kris as there is with Dawn and Leaf.

If Kotone were to appear in the manga, I wouldn't want them to change Crys, Crys' personality currently suits her look fine, but Crys has already had her characters development unlike Green (female), and so has no reason to change her clothing style so drastically.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen, no matter how much I want it. Crys will change her hairstyle and clothes to match Kotone's, and she'll never be the same. Why? Because Kotone isn't named after a colour. The way I see it they'd rather not introduce a new character at all than introduce a Pokédex holder without a colour name.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I wouldn't mind having Kotone appear in a new arc of the manga for HGSS as a new character to be honest. It'll show that Kris and her are two different individuals and that besides similar appearance they are not the same person. Also, I think it could add in a new twist with a new character now and maybe make a turn of events for the other characters of the new arc. Really, with her being introduced as the new female protagonist in the game, I find it as though maybe Kotone should be brought in.

However, that isn't to say I would want Kris removed, because she at least deserves to keep her place in the manga seeing as she was not brought in as the Johto girl for the fourth generation.

SuperLink

Years
    Unfortunately due to the manga's history I only see it being one or the other

-Kotone replacing Crys
    -Crys becoming Kotone

Rather than having both characters with an equal standing as individuals. (Which imo would make most people happy). However with any one of these choices a lot of fans are going to be disappointed...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    I remember in the latest D/P/Pt arc they showed silhouettes of the other 'Dex holders. Now I don't know when it was published, but surely it had to be after HG/SS was revealed? And Crys in there still looked the same, so could that hint that there's no change?

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    I remember in the latest D/P/Pt arc they showed silhouettes of the other 'Dex holders. Now I don't know when it was published, but surely it had to be after HG/SS was revealed? And Crys in there still looked the same, so could that hint that there's no change?
    It was in a panel in last month's update. It's probably somewhere on Serebii. Must look that up.

I don't really understand why it's either Kotone that's being bashed, or the outfit that's being flamed. If Crys is put in the outfit, why do people think that she wouldn't look good in it, or that it wouldn't suit her? The most that would change would be her hairstyle/color, and since she's still wearing pants and, noticeably, not a skirt, she can still retain her title as the 'Capturer'. Maybe it has something to do with preference, which I can slightly agree with, but from the fanart of this I've seen over the past couple of months, I really don't think she'll look so bad. And if fanart looks good, then I usually expect the actual art itself to be better.

Kotone herself wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'd really like to know how people believe that she'd just insert herself into the storyline. If Kotone would be introduced as a new character, she'd have to have a background of some kind - family, relationships, a personality, some kind of ties to the other Dex Holders (probably Gold, if the storyline from the games are anything to go by), a use to serve in the storyline/plot, etc. Nor do I want her to completely replace Crys if she does appear, like joining Silver and Gold on a journey and having Crys stay behind to reappear in a panel now and again. That just doesn't work, and I hate it when characters, especially ones with good character development, are neglected. That would include Kotone herself in the case that she would be introduced.

Myself, I wouldn't really mind either way. If Kotone appears, but Crys is kept in and has an active role in the plot, that would be just peaches and cream. But like Link said, that's probably not going to happen, so I'd rather Crys stay with a revamped outfit. I'm sure that had nothing to do with my obsession with pairings, yes.

EDIT: Found it. The picture itself, as well as the page with the chapter summaries on it. Seeing that page again made me start fangirling again. MYAH.

Last edited:

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Unfortunately due to the manga's history I only see it being one or the other

-Kotone replacing Crys
    -Crys becoming Kotone

Rather than having both characters with an equal standing as individuals. (Which imo would make most people happy). However with any one of these choices a lot of fans are going to be disappointed...

I'd rather see Kotone replace Crys than Crys becoming Kotone... but I think the latter is most likely to happen :c But my ideal saga would have both of them present. :> I dunno how it would work though... D: I keep envisioning Crys as some kind of mentor for Kotone.

And for some reason I see Kotone and Gold togetherhjghgjsjfdshjh I'm not a fan of MangaQuest

SuperLink

Years
    I'd rather see Kotone replace Crys than Crys becoming Kotone... but I think the latter is most likely to happen :c But my ideal saga would have both of them present. :> I dunno how it would work though... D: I keep envisioning Crys as some kind of mentor for Kotone.
    It seems that having both characters with an important role is definitely the most popular choice with fans, but who knows what the writers will do....

I see Kotone being a childhood friend of Gold who moved away when they were young, and then she moves back (although that sounds a bit too Ruby and Sapphire doesn't it..? :/)

And for some reason I see Kotone and Gold togetherhjghgjsjfdshjh
    I like that pairing too <:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I would prefer it if Kotone is the only trainer from main games in her arc. Yeah, the only Pokedex holder of her saga. Of course, the chances of this happening is very low. Too low to consider, I would say. There are too many Gold and Silver fans.

Back