• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you want to see HG/SS features in future games?

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
Years
  • Of the features we know right now, all Pokemon able to follow, berry planter, register two key items, etc. would you like to see them in future Pokemon games?

Yes, I know that we haven't had a chance to play through HG/SS yet. But as of right now, the new features that come from these games, should they be in future games? Why or why not?

I am personally in love with the idea of my Pokemon being able to follow me around the game.

Comments, discussion, go!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    I agree, i really like the pokemon following you feature.
    What new feature i think they should attempt at designing is design your own trainer, to personalize the experience more, like the pokemon following you.
    Just wishful thinking :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Regardless of me wanting them in future games I remember an interview with Masuda that the games will get a sort of overhaul and these features more or less are those said overhauls. So while I want them in, its bound to happen as like the creatures in the game the game itself evolves with each generation.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    all Pokemon able to follow, berry planter, register two key items
    Yes.
    Why? They're cool, adding them doesn't hurt Nintendo and doesn't hurt us. It may take 1.5 hours per feature for Gamefreak cause those things are damn simple for a professional programmer IMO.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I think they should keep all of those features. I could understand why they didn't carry over the feature of having a pokemon follow you from Yellow to G/S/C because there really wasn't as much space and they had been rushing to cope with the demand. But even if they did rush, the end result was still a good game. :)
    I don't understand why they didn't carry it into RSEFrLg and DPPt. There's lots of space on both the GBA and DS cards. I hope they carry it over this time.
    Another feature I hope they do is have two regions in the same game, but not necessarily have the second region be a region from the previous games. :)

But that's my two cents.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Pokemon following you, but I hope that they could change to a set Pokemon instead of just the first one in your party (maybe a ball seal kind of thing?)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If they spoiled us with them and took them away it would make future games seem kinda week and lacking. Especially once you were able to have your Pokemon following you and then you couldnt, that would suck.

Years
  • I guess the best feature I like to have in future Pokemon games is when Pokemon Follow you. :D.
    But I do enjoy the touch-screen Pokedex.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    The berry planter seems very convinient, and I love the pokemon folowing you part. these two I hope to see in future games (there are a couple of others too, but I don't wanna mention them now.)

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    All of them apart from the Pokéthlon, I mean I know I haven't played it but I'm not convinced. Now they just need a character designer (ala Battle Revolution) and I'l be happy.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • Yes.
    Why? They're cool, adding them doesn't hurt Nintendo and doesn't hurt us. It may take 1.5 hours per feature for Gamefreak cause those things are damn simple for a professional programmer IMO.

are you perhaps forgetting how long it will take to make a 4-direction 3-frame (12 frames total) walking sprite for 493 pokemon including several variations? That's well over 6000 pieces of pixel art there.

the other features are simple, though.

Deeje

Pokemon Breeder from Aus
    Years
  • Most of em I really don't mind. I HATE the stupid screens that pop up when you enter certain areas, like sprout tower. They did it in fr/lg too, and I hated it then. I can't believe THEY PUT IT BACK IN!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • are you perhaps forgetting how long it will take to make a 4-direction 3-frame (12 frames total) walking sprite for 493 pokemon including several variations? That's well over 6000 pieces of pixel art there.

the other features are simple, though.
    Oh gee I forgot its hard to just your work and slap it back into the next game. I mean if its working on a similar engine to DPPtHGSS then it wouldn't be too hard.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • I'd love to see these features in newer games :)

But then I never understood why the phone was never continued over to RSE

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I love the idea of the phone.
    The Match call is Emerald was cool too.

I just wish we could have more control over it, and maybe if scrpts changed like, depending on the time of day you called, or with how many times you call? :p

'Honey, It's 4 in the morning, I'm sleeping. *click* ...'

(:

Back