• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does a playthrough Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum irritate or refresh you?

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
    I agree with you people saying that DP are very slow, well I wouldn't really say slow, but long too. I bought it last year and still havent finished, well I neglected it a bit too sometimes, but the truth is that I have acumulated more than 100 hours and with that time I'm sure I would have already finished my FR twice or another third gen game. Also there are few pokemon training options, since most of the great pokemon you can only train them after you have finshed the game, thats why I'm planning playing Platinum so I can catch a kirlia and evolve it in Gallade earlier in the game. Besides, dont you think that most of the new gen IV pokemon were just prevolutions or evolutions of previous pokemon, and a ton of legendaries? I think thats somewhat lame...Gen III had more pokemon and variety. But what I liked of this gen IV is the new features like the underground which is very fun, some of the map's graphics (the battle seen was still in 2D though...) and of course the new attacks system category. But yeah I think I wouldnt play diamond again, it takes too much time, I rather try out Platinum or any other 3rd gen game. I wonder why you say Platinum is much faster than DP? I guess I'll have to figure out.

Major Tom

♖♞♝♚ ♛♝♞♖
    Years
    I find it a bit dull because everything is so slow compared to Gen V.

Besides that it does feel a bit refreashing to play though them again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I feel refreshed every time I start any of the games over, to be honest, and D/P/Pt is no exception. I think I've restarted all of my games a few times, and it never gets boring for me. Of course, I only do it when I'm in the mood to play through that particular game again. I think I might actually restart my Diamond sometime soon, maybe when I go on vacation and have nothing to do on those long car rides. :P

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I don't know if I'm going off pokemon, or whether they get worse with age... Sappphire was my first, loved it, still love the rom loved diamond, never completed it, now I hate it. I LOVED Heartgold and wish I had never traded it in for white!

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I liked Diamond. It's the version in which I started my Pokemon collection. I know Sinnoh better than all other regions- even Kanto.

That said, I don't like replaying the region and storyline. I did that once before and I regretted it. Sure, every game is very fun in the beginning up to the first gym... But after that it hits you: You've got 20 more hours to go.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    It is a bit irritating since nearly none of the Pokemons really interest me (except in Platinum), the frame rate of the battles is 30 (except in Platinum), and that they added extra events which annoy and irritated me a bit (in Platinum). Also the waiting time of the honey trees aren't the best (and maybe no way to cheat the system (even though I got a combee on my first play through)).
    But I do like that you can trade Pokemon freely between each version (and HG/SS) without nearly any requirements. That makes the game more funner to replay since you can get different Pokemons but they won't really obey you hence you got to deal with it or you got to breed them somehow. I will breed mine with a ditto that I will trade over since then i can get the ability that I want, maybe even a good nature and good stats. I may EV train them a bit.
    But anyways I will also replay them so that I can get Sinnoh, few Heono, nearly all Johto and Kanto Pokemon in Heart Gold and Soul Silver (if I want to trade them over).

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    (Sorry for posting here if ^ he bumped it and it was wrong.)

I bought Platinum several weeks ago, and I finally got to Victory Road a few days ago... I haven't played since then. I don't think it's the games fault that I really don't like it, it might be the circumstances, since I've started replaying Pokemon games with actual knowledge (before when I played them, I was a little kid that just wanted to fight with cool looking Pokemon level 3 Pokemon and a level 90 starter and etc...), I've always gone to Bulbapedia or sometimes Serebii to get full info, when I bought this game, my internet was out so I was left to play the game alone. I normally don't mind this, but this game introduced a shitload of new Pokemon, and the routes were soooo long, I was wayyy too lazy to look around every long route for every Pokemon there, I was just glad every time I managed to escape a route. I think one of the biggest factors as well would be that I used Piplup. I think my Empoleon sucks even though it's my highest level Pokemon (next to Luxray, who's one level under it, Gyarados is 3 under it, and Gliscor is 5), it's very weak. The attacks, I don't even understand half of them, and it's just a big new thing, with no internet while I played the game, it was a huge hell. I finally made it to Victory Road, I walked in, saved, turned it off, and haven't played since. A few days after I stopped, my internet came back, so yeah to me right now Platinum seems like a hell. Although I heard about chaining, and it really seems like something I'd love to try.

tl;dr: it was hard, I played with no internet which made it harder, havent played since I walked into Victory Road days ago.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    When I played though Platinum last year, I thought I would enjoy it since I hadn't played in Sinnoh for a while (it had been three years since I beat Diamond), but, sadly, the game was still very underwhelming. I was only able to get up to the elite four, then called it quits when it came to the postgame. I don't think I'd be able to play through Sinnoh again. It's (mostly) not fun to explore and the Pokémon are far inferior to the other Generations (imo).

Back