• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anybody still watch Pokemon?

gilbertman

Where am I?
Years
  • After awhile it just got a little babyish for me. I liked it until I was 11 or so then it just got getting stupid with its theme being about love and friendship...

yeah, who needs love and freidship..... :P They're overrated emotions anyway........

yeah almost 21 and still watch it, and I love it even more now with the new VAs(ahhh,i love contridicting others opinions)

so i guess you can think its baby ish but as for me ill just keep myself at a 12 year olds mentality, plop down on my couch on saturday mornings and eat my Lucky Charms and enjoy myself a little Pokemon, full of love and friendship :)

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
    Years
  • I used to watch, but is so early in the morning on sundays, and I am usualy sleeping then.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 9, 2007
    yeah, who needs love and freidship..... :P They're overrated emotions anyway........

yeah almost 21 and still watch it, and I love it even more now with the new VAs(ahhh,i love contridicting others opinions)

so i guess you can think its baby ish but as for me ill just keep myself at a 12 year olds mentality, plop down on my couch on saturday mornings and eat my Lucky Charms and enjoy myself a little Pokemon, full of love and friendship :)

I'm kinda the same as you :P lol i'm 22 and i still watch it, been watching since i was 15 when it first came out on TV here in the UK ^^

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • yeah, who needs love and freidship..... :P They're overrated emotions anyway........
    *hugs* you and I need love and friendship!
    As for me still watching Pokemon, I dont watch Pokemon too much anymore. I watch Pocket Monsters! I mean usually I'll watch Pokemon reruns for nostalgic or screencap sake but For the Battle Frontier and Diamond and Pearl, I prefer Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation and Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl. I've gotten quite used to Rika Matsumoto, Kaori, Yuuji Ueda, Megumi Toyoguchi, Megumi Hayashibara, Miki Shinichiro and Inuko Inuyama. (half of those names I memorized by heart)
    I liked the new dub before they f-ed Cassidy up and named Shinji Paul. But now I hate them and will only slightly lift the hate if they make Paul (dub Shinji) sound as good or close to Kiyotaka Furushima. If they make him sound like Gary, I will write another rant on my site.

Does the poster of the topic actually think Pokemon's babyish?
    What's babyish about this, I'm sure Saturday morning cartoons have guys with implants all over the place. And do you know who Harley is? Do you know how short the new girl's skirt is?
    I hope I proved my point. Saturday morning cartoons or babyish cartoons dont have fanservice.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • i was gonna say that too, it's kinda corny now, but i still like it and all, cant wait for the twentieth when the diamond and pearl movie premiers!!

Years
  • I still watch it. I don't watch it very much, though. The reason is that I'm watching other Anime's too, and I'm quite busy with other things; school for example. But I'll never forget about Pokémon and I think I'm always going to love it. I've learned loads of things of Pokémon and I just think it's an amazing series. I haven't seen everything, but I'm planning to watch everything from the start. I know it's going to take quite awhile, but I don't really care. Pokémon is Pokémon, and I love it! Gotta watch 'm all, Pokémon! [8] *Grins*

I don't think Pokémon is childish. You can learn lots of things from it and it's just amazing! Anime is Anime and Anime's NOT childish. I know that there exist enough people who think Anime and Manga is for little kids, but there are enough series that ain't for little kids. Anime and Manga are for every age. Just so you know.
    Only 'cause there are Pokémon in the series, doesn't mean that it's childish. You learn about real friendship and that you should never give up - stuff like that.

I think Pokémon's one of the best Anime series and I'm not scared, afraid or ashamed to admit that.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • Well, I like pokemon alot, but back in September 2003, I stopped watching it because I found out that my other favourite anime, Digimon isn't showing it's 5th season. But in May 2005, after watching the destiny Deoxys movie, I got back into it again, but missing episodes from Adress Unown up to the last episode in Pokemon Advanced.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2008
    Sure, Pokemon is a little silly and less serious than alot of shows, but really... does every show you watch need to be super dramatic and serious? I don't think so. ^^

I like being able to watch something that is creative and light-hearted. I love the characters that I grew up watching. I love the new ones as well. I love the light-hearted wackiness that we call Team Rocket. I really do adore the Pokemon anime, no matter how childish it seems to others. ^^ You never really outgrow things like this, even when you're 21 like me.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    I haven't watched it in years, I tried recording it with tivo and watching it today but I was kind of lost and I thought the opening scene was a little corny >.>; Maybe I'll try watching the first episode of the D/P series and see how it is... The movies aren't that bad though. I think I've seen like 3 or 4, the last one I saw had something to do with deoxys.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Starting watch the first series while I was 18...been keep up with it. And I still watch til this day. I finished watching Battle Frontier(the new VAs). Now I am waiting to watch Diamnond and Pearl. I would like to watch the series in Japanese, but if I don't find a site that shows the series without subtitles, then I am out of luck. I tried to watch AG RAW, I couldn't get what they were saying. So I am going to stick to the dub of DP this time.

I am still a fan of Pokemon...til the day it is finally over.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2007
    =Dhfdfd

LOL =D
    Yah I do everyday
    Pokemon Battle Frontier <3.
    I mean you can't just play the game, you gotta watch the show too =P
    Am I rite? =D​

Regi DS

I'm always sleepy (zzz...)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    The cheesy factor has really gotten into me, but it's so ridiculously cheesy that it's awesome. So now I watch it when I can so yeah

The show was always fun and stupid at the same time.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I watched the majority of the episodes up until they changed the voice actors for the dub. I refuse to watch it now. I still keep track of the movies, but not the television show.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2007
    I dont really watch it anymore sometimes I'll be flicking throuch channels and see it but not really.

Trainer Gabriel

ガブリエル
    Years
  • I watch the movies any time i can, havent caught the newest couple of seasons, coz they're only on the cartoon network now, and usually on when im watching wrestling.

But im buying the first 2 seasons on dvd at the end of the month :D

I'll always be a fan of it. I grew up watching it.

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
  • I'm 23 and I still watch the show on occasion. Honestly, I prefer the manga's more dark/serious approach so I follow that a little more closely. Haven't religiously watched the cartoon since the Johto arc. Hoenn seemed just ...kinda.... blah to me. Sinnoh had potential but we'll see.

Roni Love

Veronica xoxox Loves ya.
    Years
  • GUYS! I watched pokemon like a week ago. I don't really enjoy the new episodes anymore they just aren't as good.It was the first time I'd seen it in like 8 years.... but other then that I don't watch it anymore.

Back