• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Does anyone else miss the old contests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Chain

It was definitely nice not having to worry about putting one of those DS screen covers on the bottom screen to prevent all the ripping Poffin making can cause. It's a fun little thing to do, but not when it puts all sorts of scratches in your screen. >:

My best friend's bottom screen on her DS was ripped up so bad it was hardly seeable through it due to Poffin making [along with other antics].

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I really liked the 3rd gen contests. They were so much funner and got you to use more strategy. The 4th gen contests were really boring and took a lot of time and the Poffins were harder to make then Pokeblocks. The Pokemon Musicals don't look that good either. It's obvious that they are trying to put something for girls into Pokemon now because before it was specifically aimed at boys..

Years
    Pokeathalon - IS THE BEST!
    Gen III - I didnt really play it, I got Gen IV first
    Gen IV - Meh....

Winner is Pokeathalon.

In Gen 6 I want Gen 3, 4, and 5 mixed together OR in seperate places so you could choose one :)
    including pokeathalon :)

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I actually liked the contests in Gen III. I would seriously have one party of Pokemon for battling, and a whole other party solely for participating in the contests. The later would eat all the Pokeblocks I made and would enter the contests. It was fun. I thought so, anyway.

The contests in Gen 4? Not so much. I don't particularly like them and making the Poffins is just plan out annoying. I tried the contests... but just gave up trying. I just don't like the new ones.

ETA: And the screen ruining thing is another reason I won't be doing the contests. I spent way too much money on my DS to ruin the screen making poffins. ._.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ho ho ho! Please don't be naughty and revive threads over a year old! -steal presents-

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back