• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone think D/P is too slow?

Do you think D/P feels considerably slower?

• Yes, it's much better this way

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Yes, I prefer the old speed

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • No, I don't notice a thing

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    Yeah, it's slow, but you have pretty animations to look at while you wait. :p

I think the animation's slowness can me made up for by using your thumbs on the touch screen to control the battle. It seems to speed things up a lot.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    i didnt really notice it until u said and i checked i suppose its slower in ways but its just as enjoyable so u cant really argue
    but running indoors is fun and i think the battles are slower so it takes slightly longer but hey who knows?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    Yea, the battles themselves are much slower for sure, but I actually prefer it that way. I went back to playing Ruby for a while and I felt like I blasted through the Magma base at hyper speed.

Also, I do like the ability to run indoors, which helps offset the battle speed. I dunno, it felt much more relaxed and laid back to me, the way a game should feel. I didn't feel as though it was holding me back at all. It's the right speed, imo.

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    I noticed, but in my opinion it has better graphics, so that's why it takes so long.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2008
    I agree that it does seem to be slowed way down in parts. Especially when surfing over large bodies of water; it takes forever.

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
    Years
    And Movement is fast with the bike on second gear.
    And even faster is the Acro Bike.

Oh yes, and since they killed off the player's PC item storage, now it's incredibly sloowwwwwwwwwww to go through the items pocket, and even with the spinning thing on the touch screen its not easy to use so...

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    I do agree in certain things like the surf animation for instance, you do feel the difference once you compare it with an older generation such as Ruby and Sapphire. But I disagree on the fact of when using a bike, I find the bike more smoothly and more reliable on Diamond and Pearl than the other generations so far.

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    I don't think I actually noticed '_'
    the only slow-down that I noticed was how slow it is when you surf.

#Gecko#

Alert: Tacos Rule
    Years
    Yeah, too slow. Surfing, saving, and the Pkmn league trainers saying the same stuff during battles make D/P slow, but gameplay makes up for it.

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
    D/p is much slower than 3rd gen. Take surf speeds. when i didn't have Pearl back then, FR/LG's surf speed was much slower than R/S/E... but after I played Pearl with surf, then Played FR and surfed... FR felt like R/S/E's speed compared to Pearl... I don't mind the animations, or text speed, but the surf speed is way to low.

Years
    I found the Pearl/Diamond games kind of slow. For one thing, there are a few delays. For example, battles with AI characters. An AI character notices you, then, after a few seconds of standing there doing nothing, they decide to come over to battle you. The response was immediate in other generations, so what's with the delay here?
    I've also noticed slight delays between attacks in battles that weren't in other generations, but they could be loading times...

Of course, all generations had speed-related problems. In Red and Blue, you had to manually go into the items menu every time you wanted to ride the Bicycle. The second-generation games fixed this problem by allowing you to register an item to the Select button, but still, both this generation and the first generation didn't give you the ability to run when you wanted. I found that the third generation's main problem was how long it took to start every battle (this was mostly a problem in R/S/E... the pre-battle animations were a lot shorter in FR and LG). Pearl and Diamond have delays here and there, the saving times are long (especially when the game is saving "a lot of data"), and the walking speed is just painfully slow.

I have yet to experience Surfing in the Pearl version, but from the sounds of it, it seems like it's going to be somewhat torturous.

Loner

Uselessness
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2008
    I really didn't notice that much of a difference in speed. Although, i do get annoyed with all the "leftovers" and "sandstream". Those can make a battle feel long.

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
    Years
    Yeah, too slow. Surfing, saving, and the Pkmn league trainers saying the same stuff during battles make D/P slow, but gameplay makes up for it.
    Yeah, surfing, i agree, saving - only takes longer if its saving alot of data.
    The league trainers/gym leaders saying stuff, well, deal with it, they are trying to make it a bit more real life-ish, so you cant really complain, even if its always the same things >.<

What really dissapointed me in dp, was on the edges (last pixels) of the screen, its wrecked, and always takes my mind off the actual game >.<

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Surf speed seems so slow that I could die.

I like the rest of the speed though, the animation flows smoothly now. But the text speed annoys me. It takes forever for a pokemon to come out of it's pokeball.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back