• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Ash Ever Go Back For His Old PKMN?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Bulbasaur just didn't want to evolve, simple as that. Squirtle on the other hand isn't his anymore, but there is a chance that it might evolve and it might be shown, maybe in a contest or something...or maybe not since the Advanced Generation storyline is almost over with.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    >>; We were never off-topic and besides. I was a question, didn't I?

And, erm, I always thought Squirtle didn't want to evolve since he is the leader of the Squirtle Squad. ... which is an elite band of Squirtles ...

Luis Kazuya

*EngAged nEwb in WeBbin*
    Years
  • Bulby had always nvr want to evolve(Note: Find this info. in Epi: Bulbasaur's Secret Garden) Pidgeot had to leave and protect the pidgeys and pidgeottos in Pallet from the Fearows. I think they r the same ones tat pestered Ash in the first eppy!!

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • You guys have the worst definition for release. The ONLY Pok?mon he's ever released (that he's owned) back into the wild were Butterfree and Lapras. In case you're all not aware, Butterfree is dead. They die after they mate, just like some bugs. Squirtle, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Primeape. They're all in someone else's care for the time being. They still belong to Satoshi. Proof is the fact that he still has Squirtle's and Charizard's Monster Balls. He has no time to go all the way back to the town he left Primeape in. Nor does he have the time to go from Hoenn all the way back to the forest near Masara Town to see if Pidgeot's done helping the Pidgey and Pidgeotto.

And in case anyone else mentions this, he doesn't "give away" any Pok?mon. The ONLY exception was Beedrill. He gave full ownership of it to Casey.

Asher

Just your ordinary evil...
    Years
  • Somehow, you're right. -_-;;; But the secondary definition of release is "Freedom".And every one of Ash's were set free. They came back depending on whether they want to or not. They were released from battling everytime Ash had a battle; unless they wanted to fight for him. Like Charizard. In "The Spell of the Unown", he came back. Not because he was still still a captured soul in a POKeBALL. H came back because of his bondage. His Love for Ash.

And wouldn't sending to "anothers care" be considered as training? o.O; It seems that way to me. Besides, Liza said that she lets the POKeMON run wild in the Hidden Charizard Canyon, didn't she? So we can actually CONSIDER Charizard as being released.

*rests case*

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Asher said:
    And wouldn't sending to "anothers care" be considered as training? o.O; It seems that way to me. Besides, Liza said that she lets the POKeMON run wild in the Hidden Charizard Canyon, didn't she? So we can actually CONSIDER Charizard as being released.
    You're right, but not right completely. Don't take the term roaming wildly too loosely. It just means that she doesn't confine them to Monster Balls. She lets them stay out in the outdoors. Like the saying, "Letting the dogs run wild outside." It's just in training and isn't confined to being in a Pok?ball until it has to train. They do so when they wish to.

And think about it. Charizard's training under Liza's care. Would you consider a son or daughter that goes off to boot camp as no longer being the child of the parents?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Um, Charizard was left with another Trainer to be improved. It was never really 'set free', like his other Pokemon were. The show actually made a point of leaving it open so Ash could go back for it in the Movies and Leagues. (Granted, he lost anyway...)

Asher

Years
  • Elite Trainer Raven said:
    And think about it. Charizard's training under Liza's care. Would you consider a son or daughter that goes off to boot camp as no longer being the child of the parents?

Somehow, I agree with you. Meh. I guess I am wrong, mostly. >.> But ... nothing.

Asher

Years
  • The thought on bugs not living a long life. Like common flies. They only live for uhh ... 48 hours? o.o; I think. But I don't think Butterfree's dead. o_o; Not yet. But it has been pretty long...

Back