• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does everyone cheat?

iShini

Go, Mah Giant Piplup!
    Years
    No, I do not cheat with my Pearl game. I'm not one that goes to fill up the Dex, I just want the Pokemon I want and raise those that I like. XD Then again, I don't try to make my Pokemon into gods. XD; That takes the fun out of it to me.

I don't even mess with my clock, because I'm to the point where I've been playing the same savefile for almost a year (which is kinda surprising, since my friend that I visited once was kind enough to give me some Pokemon that I've been wanting for a while. D= ). That and I'm to the point where I'm kinda bored of playing the game. =/

Currently, my game reads at 180+ hours. XD It was before 100 that I finally beaten the Elite Four, which took about 3-4 hours for me to beat them all. XD;

Last edited:

unown_hunter

Currently:finding shiney unown
    Years
    which is cheating.. if everyone could get events it takes away the point of having an "event"

just makes it another poke that someone got in a trade.. and cloning shinies for trading is just greedy
    havent you ever thought that some kids may not have internet/time/ or an event around them. What about them. It is compleatly unfair. I dont cheat and never have because i have never had a reason to but you have to think about the kids who cant do events.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    do i cheat?

depends on your views of cheating.

i never use any item codes, or codes to max out a pokemon's stats. But, since i don't qualify the event activator codes as cheating (i've never made it to an event and probably never will, so this is the only way i can get 'em.) i do use them. i still catch 'em the fair way, no masterballs for me... and i never even go on wifi, the DS doesn't seem to like connecting to wifi.... so, if you think any codes at all is cheating, then yeah, i cheat. but if you're like me and don't qualify the events as being cheated for, then no, i don't.

rocklee666

Leader Of the K.O.D.O
    Years
    Just for rare candies. Makes training ALOT more easier.

-rocklee's cousin

not really, it messes your pkmn up i made that mistake before...last night i lost a battle with all hacked pkmn thinking i would win (close battle though >:] ) so dont hack! right now i am working on a team with 4/6 are eeve evos :]

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I used to use the AR for my FR, Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire. But once I had everything on them and all nearing LV 100, I realized how proud I was to get a Pokemon before I cheated. So I quit using them then and there, gave my little sis my AR and started over every one of my games to start off with a cheat-free style.

Back