• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does Lance annoy you?

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    Lance, last of the Elite Four in RBY and Champion in GSC really gets on my nerves. His Dragonites are underleveled (possibly he taught them TM15 for their Hyper Beam) and his Rock-Sliding Aerodactyl, as well as his Barrier Dragonite. I just want to know if there's anyone else who he annoys.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    I haven't played GSC in a long time, but I don't remember Lance giving me too much trouble. I remember being disappointed because his poke's were lower levels than they were in RBY.

Maybe I just got lucky with team choice.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    I had a team of lvl. 50s the second time, so all of the Elite Fours didn't give me too much trouble. Maybe it's also because of the 15 Hyper Potions I had. XP

EDIT: But if you have a team of under-level 50 Pokemon or just a few under 50, you're pretty much going to have a bunch of problems.

Years
    EDIT: But if you have a team of under-level 50 Pokemon or just a few under 50, you're pretty much going to have a bunch of problems.

I beat the Elite 4 in Gold with none of my pokemon being a higher level than 43. They're really easy as long as you have the right team.

And I like Lance, especially in GSC. It's awesome how you fight alongside him, and his Dragonite hyper beams a person.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Lance was a major jerk. It had to Level my Typhlosion to level 64 before I could kill his whole team (besides Gyarados, whom I let my OWN Gyarados handle)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not any problems here at all...not even in the newer games either such as FR and LG...

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Lance started out as a challenge but ended up being easy.
    All you have to do is train a dragon and/or ice type and your all set (For the most part).
    Once you have them you'll be able to trump each and everyone of his pokemons to ensure an easy victory!

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    Lance started out as a challenge but ended up being easy.
    All you have to do is train a dragon and/or ice type and your all set (For the most part).
    Once you have them you'll be able to trump each and everyone of his pokemons to ensure an easy victory!

I had a level 48 Dewgong, but she got KO'd.

By another Elite Four, I guess.

Shinningkit

So i herd u liek pirat mudkipz
    Years
    Lance only annoyed me in Gold, but it might have been because I forgot to buy any potions and revives. XD My Typhlosion kicked butt, until the last Dragonite. And ironically enough, my Eevee finished it off. XD Oh, gosh, I luffed that thing.

And, no- my Eevee was not above the Dragonite's level. x3

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Lance was moderately difficult first-gen wise (not too easy, not too tough), but the GSC Elite Four was way too easy. I beat it with a team of four. One of them never even saw battle throughout the whole set of five battles...

Years
    In the first gen, it was always tough to face him the first few times, and then to o on and face your rival after that. I was never annoyed, because I loved the challenge however, nowadays your luck enough to find a challenge in any of the games.

Plus Lance was always my fav. elite, and the only who came close to him was Drake.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    lance only annoyed me in the 1st gen. not G/S/C he was easy in those games

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Lance was incredibly easy in G/S/C. I destroyed his team with a lvl 50 Aipom, although Typhlosion (same level) had to help with Charizard lol. In FR/LG, he was not that great as well, being extremely weak to Nidoking and Rock Slide.

Back