• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Does Misty have a crush on Ash (discussion)?

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I know this is way too late, but I just recalled listening to Totally Pokémon CD, and there was this hidden track called He drives Me Crazy sung by Misty's dub VA about Ash... So, does Misty actually had a crush on Ash Ketchum or not? Discuss!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Did I time travel back to 1998?

That dub CD was also made by 4kids. Misty did have a crush on Ash in the early seasons but the writers pretty much phased it out as the show went on because they knew it would go on for years and decades (which it did).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think at some point she did, but I think since, that crush has faded. Honestly with how much time she spent with Tracey when Ash returned home, I think that crush went toward him more than Ash. Also need to remember that it was the dub who pushed it more than anything. I don't know if the Japanese Version pushed it at all. The only type of romance they ever had may have only been between Serena and maybe May. Also remember that the Dub basically did whatever they wanted to do in Kanto and Johto, they didn't actually start following the dub until Hoenn.

But no, I don't think she has a crush on him any longer. If I was the writer, I would write it where she did have a crush on him until the end of Johto, but as they spent time away from each other, Misty began to realize their relationship was more like brother and sister. At least that is personally how I see their relationship.

I have an older sister and we used to fight all the time like Misty and Ash did. So I may just be very very bias. But it is a huge reason I've never been a supporter of Ash x Misty.

Last edited:
    Back