• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does the Competition still exist?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2009
    Back when I was 12/13 I remember reading a Pokemon/Gaming magazine and the World Pokemon champion from New York won like 25 thousand prize money in the Japan competition... does that still run, or has it been closed down as the game died down a bit...?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I believe there are still TCG competitions, but on a smaller scale. In fact I remmeber reading about one on pokemon.com last year

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    Yes, oh course there still are. Actually pokemon is as popular as ever!
    I hate to disagree, but I wouldnt dare say, as ever.

In it's hay day, pokemon was literally HUGE. Now its much smaller.

i bet
    today
    if you asked 300 18 year olds
    if they used to collect pokemon cards,
    MORE than 100 would say they did.

If you asked 300 12 year olds,
    I bet turnout would be in the 20s or 30s MAX

Just my 2 cents

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • It's sad how Champion Road Summer '08 had to be canceled after they received threat letters.

I was thinking of returning to Pokemon TCG, and assumed going to watch some competitions would be the best way to start off. Oh well :/

Back