• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does this mean the end to constest?

Years
  • Since Dawn is leaving and Iris doesn't seem to really be the type to enter contest does this mean they aren't gonna have them anymore? Not to mention Jessie threw out her Jessilina costume. I wonder if James is going to perform, cuz he was pretty good at it in Dressed for Jess Success.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Seems like Musicals have replaced Contests and the info that we've just found out,
    Doesn't seem like Iris will be competing.

Jessie may get a new costume.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Yup, contests seem to be gone this saga thank goodness. No offense to those who liked them, I just got tired of them during the D/P series. Dawn had horrible rivals and some contests of hers were boring and I am a Dawn fan so don't think I'm bashing her.

Years
  • yeah, i preferred May's rivals. Harley was funny and Drew was cool. it's such a shame there aren't going to be anymore contest cuz those were my favorite. they were interesting and pretty. i prefer them instead of just regular battles. but i think i will live. if i wanna see a contest i can just watch old episodes i guess......but u never know. they haven't said for sure that they are writing off contest completely have they? you never know.....like i said earlier James was really good when he filled in for Jessie. He could take up contest.....but i doubt it. =(

Last edited:

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • Now I know Dent's excuse.

"Sorry, bros, but what I really wanted to do is compete in musicals!"

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Maybe Dento? If not, then they are really skipping many things this season. Contests were usually fun to watch :(.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Maybe Dento? If not, then they are really skipping many things this season. Contests were usually fun to watch :(.
    Dento is a gym leader. I doubt whether he'd be taking part in any contest. But there's no confirmed news about contests.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I see Dento doing those musicals if there is a side quest for him. It really doesn't sound like there will be contests sorry guys.

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • The Black and White games have showed no references to contests.
    And the musicals themselves are rather empty, all you do is dress up your Pokemon and show it to the audience in a rather long sequence. =/

I highly doubt that the contests or musicals will take place in Best Wishes.
    Iris doesn't seem the type. And Dento, well as Brock's replacement, I still believe he's going to leave the gym to gather experience and become a breeder?
    I'm rather hopeful, I know.

Years
  • I always hated how they made the contests better in the anime, than in the games. You don't battle in the games. T_T

But anyways, yeah... the contests are over. They're probably going to be replaced by the Musicals. Ehhh, I hope they can make the Musicals more interesting in the anime, like what they did with the contests. :x

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I always hated how they made the contests better in the anime, than in the games. You don't battle in the games. T_T

I agree with you on this, if they had made the contest like they did in the anime, I would have actually given a second though of competing in them for the game. I think actually, if they had made a performance stage then a battle and so on they would have made more success in that section than they have now.

No, I don't think there will be any more contests in the anime the musical will override it and I'm quite thankful, May's contest where interesting with Drew, Harley and her other rivals all in the way for her. But from what I saw of Dawn's, they just was not as interesting, I think for me the rivals just was not as fun as May's were and the contest just seemed to drag out through the anime. I don't watch the anime much, but this is based from what I have watched in the past, and I didn't think Dawn's contest were going to get any better even from were I got up to so I may be out with my opinion with a lack of watching the anime.

I'm not all up to date with the musicals but from what I've heard they're pretty boring, I don't think they'll be something I'm going to be paying much attention to anyway.

Years
  • i agree with you on that.....i never much of a musical person.....but i enjoyed the contest when may did them but dawn's started to get boring except at the end....when she faced zoey. that was pretty cool.....i find it sad that they are getting rid of contests.

Last edited:
    Back